Boots with narrow heels?

Old March 15th 04, 08:21 PM
AsaaraAgain

Default Boots with narrow heels?

Anyone have any recommendations for boots for women with narrow heels?

My LTD Freedoms have packed out so much in half a dozen days out that my heels
are lifting again, even with tightening the inside lacing, despite the fact
that I bought them a bit too small to account for that. The toes on my bigger
foot are still at the end of the boot, they haven't gotten any bigger in that
direction. I can't really use insoles because my feet are too flat for stock
footbeds and regular Dr. Scholl's type insoles bunch up and are too
uncomfortable under the front of my foot.

The guy I bought the boots from in Sport Chek said that women's boots weren't
any narrower for the same size than men's boots - is this true of all brands?
If so, does that make all women's boots no different from men's except in the
sizing and color?
Old March 15th 04, 08:38 PM
Dean

The guy I bought the boots from in Sport Chek said that women's boots
weren't
any narrower for the same size than men's boots - is this true of all

brands?
If so, does that make all women's boots no different from men's except in

the
sizing and color?

When I was younger, I used to do a lot of climbing. It was known that boots
from continental Europe were narrower than those from England, presumably,
continental Europeans tend to have narrower feet than English people. I
don't know if the same is true for snowboard boots though.

Regards,
Dean

Old March 15th 04, 08:58 PM
Neil Gendzwill

AsaaraAgain wrote:
The guy I bought the boots from in Sport Chek said that women's boots weren't
any narrower for the same size than men's boots - is this true of all brands?
If so, does that make all women's boots no different from men's except in the
sizing and color?

Guys from Sport Check know nothing. True women's boots should be built
on a women's last and be different-shaped from men's boots.

Anyways, if you have really narrow feet a Thermoflex liner might be the
answer. They are available for soft boots.

Neil

Old March 16th 04, 01:30 AM
Jason Watkins

Store clerks typically know jack.

My girlfriend has narrow heels and has had good luck with boots from
thirtytwo and Vans.