Quebec areas skiing

Old December 10th 04, 05:20 PM
Mark Eastman

Default Quebec areas skiing

I think the Quebec area has lucked out on some pretty healthy dumps of new
snow. Any reports from the area.......Quebec City or Laurentians?

Mark

Old December 10th 04, 11:33 PM
Lew Lasher

In the Laurentians, the Mt-Tremblant (village) cross-country ski area (
http://www.skidefondmont-tremblant.c...h/english.html ) does not
currently report any trails open, although they are planning to open on
December 11-12. The Mt-Tremblant provincial (or is it "national"?) park Web
site says that its cross-country center isn't planning to open until December
18, so they aren't reporting anything yet.

In the Quebec City area, Mt-Ste Anne is reporting roughly half their trails
open (
http://www.mont-sainte-anne.com/Mont...ntrySkiing.asp
).

Gatineau Park is reporting 20% of their trails open (
http://www.canadascapital.gc.ca/gati...nditions_e.asp
). They should be opening more trails after this weekend's snow.

Lew Lasher
Cambridge, Massachusetts and Stowe, Vermont

Old December 11th 04, 09:11 PM
BarryT

"Mark Eastman" wrote in message
k.net...
I think the Quebec area has lucked out on some pretty healthy dumps of new
snow. Any reports from the area.......Quebec City or Laurentians?
Mark

Townships!
Skied at Orford this morning. Wet snow, so only trail no.1 was groomed, both
classic and skate. With colder temps tonight, most if not trails should be
great tomorrow. Parc Yamaska was also open. I'll be at Mont St-Bruno
tomorrow, which 95% open.

BarryT

Old December 11th 04, 10:14 PM
Mark Eastman

Thanks for the tip on Mt. Bruno......I wasn't familiar with it, and had to
look it up on SEPAQ. Have a great ski there tomorrow and let us know how it
went. Myself, I am waiting to see what happens in the next week in the
Quebec City area. I believe they escaped the rain...or very wet snow
conditions. We'll see.

Old December 11th 04, 10:49 PM
andré leduc

i went to st-bruno today in the afternoon, i classic skied and was on rode
purple multigrade and covered by rode rossa, the kick was not that good, the
trails were in mid winter conditions. Skating was much easier today and will
be tomorrow. All the trails were open.

andré leduc

Old December 11th 04, 11:23 PM
BarryT

"andré leduc" wrote in message
.. .
i went to st-bruno today in the afternoon, i classic skied and was on

rode
purple multigrade and covered by rode rossa, the kick was not that good

(...)
andré leduc

In Orford, temp was around 3C. I had to pull out from the bottom of the wax
box the old Swix Wet Snow. I don't think they still make. Silver color, soft
like the Krystal line, with coarser, almost granular feel. Worked wonders!

BarryT

Old December 12th 04, 10:48 PM
Jacques Mercier

Ici à Rouyn-Noranda il y en a sufffisamment: en avons fait hier et
aujourd'hui

Old December 13th 04, 08:29 PM
Sylvain Fauvel

Mark Eastman wrote:
: I think the Quebec area has lucked out on some pretty healthy dumps of new
: snow. Any reports from the area.......Quebec City or Laurentians?

: Mark

I spent the Week-end in parc du Mont Megantic. There was 2" of snow
at the Cabin. Most trails were open. It is 3h00 drive from Montreal
(south east).

Sylvain

Old December 14th 04, 02:24 PM
Sylvain Fauvel

Sylvain Fauvel wrote:
:
: I spent the Week-end in parc du Mont Megantic. There was 2" of snow
: at the Cabin. Most trails were open. It is 3h00 drive from Montreal
: (south east).

: Sylvain

I meant 2 feet of snow, not 2 inches. Sorry for this mistake.
We did not see a single bare spot.

Sylvain

Old December 14th 04, 04:07 PM
BarryT

"Mark Eastman" wrote in message
k.net...
I think the Quebec area has lucked out on some pretty healthy dumps of new
snow. Any reports from the area.......Quebec City or Laurentians?
Mark

Skied yesterday night on groomed trails in Montreal! A light snow was
falling, the glow from the city lights was bright enough so I did not need
to turn on my headlamp! I'm going back tonight...

BarryT