Good food in SLC ?

Old February 20th 04, 04:21 AM
scottabe

Default Good food in SLC ?

in article , vern93
at
wrote on 2/19/04 8:20 PM:

In article ,
(russ) wrote:

And as far as SLC "authentic local" cuisine...

The two I always laugh at when I drive past them are "Chuck-a-Rama" and
"Frontier Pies." They might be quite good, but I may never know.

Pigo?

Anybody got the COURAGE to meet me at Frontier Pies?

I do. Got a name and a verifiable description so I know who you are, or are
you going to continue to hide like the stalking gutless freak you are?

Old February 20th 04, 04:26 AM
bdubya

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 22:10:25 -0500, Walt
wrote:

Richard Henry wrote:
"Walt" wrote

A related question: usually when we travel we try to eat the cuisine
that the area's known for; French-style in Quebec, Pacific Rim in
Whistler, Southwestern in Santa Fe, etc. What's SLC known for?

The beer. Ask Pigo.

Of course, the beer's better at Vail.

There's beer here. As good or better than Vail.

There's a brewpub right downtown which impressed me (name forgotten,
but I'm sure I could track it down). I don't even know if it was 3.2
or not; it just tasted like darn good beer.

Vail is always better. You should go to Vail.

Been there, done that. Won't ever go back. I'd rather ski at Mt
Trashmore.

I know where you're coming from, but I've actually had a couple of
very nice trips to Vail. It's all in the timing. Last time I was
there, on a morning that had seen maybe 7" come down overnight at the
base ('bout shin-deep up top), we caught the Riva chair at about 9:05,
at which time about two out of three chairs were going up empty; the
rest of the day was a lot like that. Back bowls had fresh tracks
available until just after lunch, and no lift lines until afternoon.
Makes a big difference; even makes it better than Caberfae, let alone
Mt. Trashmore....

bw
Old February 20th 04, 06:20 AM
FHemmer209

Richard Henry wrote:

Is the wine in Utah limited to 3.2% alcohol?

No, its the real deal. And so is the beer if you buy it at a State store.

Fred

Old February 20th 04, 10:58 AM
Terd Fartingmor

Default Vern 93, Gutless Freak and Psychopathic Liar

On Thu, 19 Feb 2004 21:20:25 -0800, scottabe
wrote this crap:

Sure is clear enough. The same sick lie you sick ****s have been telling
for years, you psychopathic stalking freak. Don't you ever get tired of the
same sick lies, you gutless coward? Can't you come up with anything
original? You sick ****s got together and told that fantasy to a judge and
the cops.......when it was YOU who was threatening, stalking, doing
drive-bys, etc.
You know who is a nutbar? Anyone who, like you, commits felonies over a
stupid newsgroup, nutbar.

That would be you, dumbass. You defied a court order against posting,
committing a felony.

This signature is now the ultimate power in the universe
Old February 20th 04, 01:45 PM
Walt

Walt wrote:

SkiFastBadly wrote:

I wouldn't go south. To my knowledge there is no real food south of Sandy.

Nonsense. I've had good food in Flagstaff and Sonoma. but I don't want
to drive that far.

Correction: make that Sedona, not Sonoma.

//-Walt
//
// http://tinyurl.com/3gg3e
Old February 20th 04, 02:01 PM
vern93

In article ,
tm wrote:

Anybody got the COURAGE to meet me at Frontier Pies?

Would you settle for something a little less manly? Olive Garden
perhaps? Unless you're insecure with your sexuality....
http://www.sltrib.com/2004/Jan/01012...ess/124938.asp

Another anonymous coward hides in anonomity and claims the place I
challenge him to meet me and spew like a man, doesn't, in fact, exist.
Anytime TM, anytime at all.

But Olive Garden does have that all you can eat salad and breadstick.
Pasta Fazoole!

Ooh. Chuck-a-rama does look good. Seems like it will meet our more
masculine needs.

Liar! Coward! Stalkist! I said "Frontier Pies!!!"

That'll teach me to put things off. I figured in the event of Nookular
war there'd just be the cockroachs left, and they'd be dining at
"Frontier Pies." sigh.

http://www.chuck-a-rama.com/
They have snatch cooking. Snatch soup, clam sauce, mmmm the mouth
waters.

Bangkok Thai used to have "Fried ****" but they changed it on the menu
to something less... "exotic sounding." But I'm pretty sure it's still
fried ****. But it is a great Thai place and they fold the napkins in
this really cool way.

Dave
Old February 20th 04, 02:05 PM
vern93

In article ,
scottabe wrote:

Anybody got the COURAGE to meet me at Frontier Pies?

I do. Got a name and a verifiable description so I know who you are, or are
you going to continue to hide like the stalking gutless freak you are?

Yes. My name is Dave. I'm 6'5" with wavy chestnut hair and piercing
hazel eyes. I think I look a little like a cross between George Clooney
and Brad Pitt but better looking. Would somebody please verify this so
this silly macaroon will stop asking?

Now are you going to meet me at Frontier Pies or not?

Thanks!

Dave
Old February 20th 04, 02:19 PM
Walt

vern93 wrote:

Yes. My name is Dave. I'm 6'5" with wavy chestnut hair and piercing
hazel eyes.

Wow. I've seen pierced tongues, pierced noses, pierced nipples, pierced
lips, pierced genitalia, and piecred just about everything else. But
I've never seen someone with pierced eyes.

What happened, did you kill you father and marry your mother?

--
//-Walt
//
Old February 20th 04, 02:46 PM
vern93

In article ,
Walt wrote:

Wow. I've seen pierced tongues, pierced noses, pierced nipples, pierced
lips, pierced genitalia, and piecred just about everything else.

So you're a snowboarder too?

But
I've never seen someone with pierced eyes.

This is the billard room , thats the billard table, so I figure that
must be the billard (pointing to rhinocerus on wall)

What happened, did you kill you father and marry your mother?

Keep up like that and I pour poison in thine ears. (okay I'm mixing
genres)