Beaver Creek Women's Clinic?

Old September 10th 03, 12:30 PM
Varanasi Benares

Default Beaver Creek Women's Clinic?

Does anyone know whether women's clinics at Beaver Creek have been
scheduled yet and where I can get more info?

Thanks

Old September 10th 03, 01:45 PM
Chester Bullock

Varanasi Benares wrote in news:WLE7b.6231$Yt.307
@newsread4.news.pas.earthlink.net:

Does anyone know whether women's clinics at Beaver Creek have been
scheduled yet and where I can get more info?

Thanks

Just a wild guess, but I would think this sort of thing could be found at
http://www.snow.com

--
Chester Bullock,
Tenxible Solutions - Tangible, Flexible

Old September 11th 03, 01:55 AM
Varanasi Benares

Are you referring to the Jeannie Thorens sp? clinics?

Yep. Though I didn't know it when I originally posted.

Old September 11th 03, 02:15 AM
Varanasi Benares

Chester Bullock wrote:

Varanasi Benares wrote in news:WLE7b.6231$Yt.307

Does anyone know whether women's clinics at Beaver Creek have been
scheduled yet and where I can get more info?

Just a wild guess, but I would think this sort of thing could be found at
http://www.snow.com

No luck.

BTW, I hate that site. Never has any of the information I want.
(Tonight what I am not looking for is a BMW or a luxury golf vacation.)
After looking at Copper, Winter Park, and Loveland, it always seems
faintly totalitarian. I'm glad they let A-Basin do its own web thing.

Old September 11th 03, 02:20 PM
Chester Bullock

Varanasi Benares wrote in
nk.net:

Chester Bullock wrote:

Varanasi Benares wrote in news:WLE7b.6231$Yt.307

Does anyone know whether women's clinics at Beaver Creek have been
scheduled yet and where I can get more info?

Just a wild guess, but I would think this sort of thing could be
found at http://www.snow.com

No luck.

BTW, I hate that site. Never has any of the information I want.
(Tonight what I am not looking for is a BMW or a luxury golf
vacation.)
After looking at Copper, Winter Park, and Loveland, it always seems
faintly totalitarian. I'm glad they let A-Basin do its own web thing.

I am proud to say that when I ran Copper's site, I put the information
people wanted online. Sadly the marketing people took over when I left the
company, and now you get marketing drivel crammed down your throat through
a bandwidth sucking Flash interface...

Old September 11th 03, 09:15 PM
Varanasi Benares

Chester Bullock wrote:

Varanasi Benares wrote in
nk.net:

Chester Bullock wrote:

Varanasi Benares wrote in news:WLE7b.6231$Yt.307

Does anyone know whether women's clinics at Beaver Creek have been
scheduled yet and where I can get more info?

Just a wild guess, but I would think this sort of thing could be
found at http://www.snow.com

No luck.

BTW, I hate that site. Never has any of the information I want.
(Tonight what I am not looking for is a BMW or a luxury golf
vacation.)
After looking at Copper, Winter Park, and Loveland, it always seems
faintly totalitarian. I'm glad they let A-Basin do its own web thing.

I am proud to say that when I ran Copper's site, I put the information
people wanted online. Sadly the marketing people took over when I left the
company, and now you get marketing drivel crammed down your throat through
a bandwidth sucking Flash interface...

I was going to mention Copper's Flash interface . . . I uninstalled
Flash several months ago. Makes it a bit hard to navigate the Copper
site, but my web experience improved tremendously. At the moment many
of the Copper links are not working.

Old September 12th 03, 01:25 PM
Chester Bullock

Varanasi Benares wrote in
ink.net:

Chester Bullock wrote:

I am proud to say that when I ran Copper's site, I put the
information people wanted online. Sadly the marketing people took
over when I left the company, and now you get marketing drivel
crammed down your throat through a bandwidth sucking Flash
interface...

I was going to mention Copper's Flash interface . . . I uninstalled
Flash several months ago. Makes it a bit hard to navigate the Copper
site, but my web experience improved tremendously. At the moment many
of the Copper links are not working.

I have always said the marketing department at Copper didn't get it. Sadly
it still appears to be the case. The meetings we used to have when they
found out about my Somewhat Daily Reports. Oh well, I did what I could for
them...

Old September 12th 03, 10:25 PM
Sam Seiber

Chester Bullock wrote:
I am proud to say that when I ran Copper's site, I put the information
people wanted online. Sadly the marketing people took over when I left the
company, and now you get marketing drivel crammed down your throat through
a bandwidth sucking Flash interface...

Is it just me, or are the site designers of today making their
sites just a bit too glitzy? ObSki: http://www.skiloveland.com
just try to catch the moving menus. Run the mouse over
their navagation bar, and watch all the moving menus.
(the one near the top, reads:
The Mountain Info Schools.......)
Yikes, I don't think their site designer really uses his own
site. Me thinks I will get the URL's bookmarked so I can
avoid this train wreck.

And like you say Chester, just try getting to the real information
on some of these sites can be tricky, if the real information is
even there to begin with. And I just love commercial sites that
need ME to have browser version 12.0 just so I can see their
useless content. I think this has gotten me on a rant. Over
the summer I built a nice simple site for a pinball place in
Lyons Colorado ( http://www.lyonspinball.com ). It will work very
nicely with old browsers. I did this by design. I want to reach
the maximum audience I can get. It would really suck for a potential
customer to go through all the trouble to look for the site, just to
find out their browser isn't modern enough to see the story.

OK, I feel better now. Also for the others reading over my shoulder,
Check out ObSki:Chesters site:
http://www.black-diamond.com
Click on the Cameras link, so you can follow in the fun of watching
our Colorado mountains return to white.

Sam "Keeping an eye on the ski web cams" Seiber

Old September 12th 03, 11:35 PM
Chester Bullock

Sam Seiber wrote:

Is it just me, or are the site designers of today making their
sites just a bit too glitzy? ObSki: http://www.skiloveland.com
just try to catch the moving menus. Run the mouse over
their navagation bar, and watch all the moving menus.
(the one near the top, reads:
The Mountain Info Schools.......)
Yikes, I don't think their site designer really uses his own
site. Me thinks I will get the URL's bookmarked so I can
avoid this train wreck.

Well, I think Patrick is still doing the design there, and what he
thinks is useful is very much different from a web professionals
opinion. He is an IT guy, not a web guy.

And like you say Chester, just try getting to the real information
on some of these sites can be tricky, if the real information is
even there to begin with. And I just love commercial sites that
need ME to have browser version 12.0 just so I can see their
useless content. I think this has gotten me on a rant. Over
the summer I built a nice simple site for a pinball place in
Lyons Colorado ( http://www.lyonspinball.com ). It will work very
nicely with old browsers. I did this by design. I want to reach
the maximum audience I can get. It would really suck for a potential
customer to go through all the trouble to look for the site, just to
find out their browser isn't modern enough to see the story.

You really need to read "Designing With Web Standards" by Jeffrey
Zeldman (http://www.zeldman.com). Everyone browsing the web should have
a standards compliant browser, which NS4 isn't (sorry Bev). I
personally prefer Mozilla Firebird because of it's pop-up blocking and
very good standards support.

OK, I feel better now. Also for the others reading over my shoulder,
Check out ObSki:Chesters site:
http://www.black-diamond.com
Click on the Cameras link, so you can follow in the fun of watching
our Colorado mountains return to white.

If I ever get some time to myself, that site will undergo a lot of
changes to comply with web standards. Yes, you guessed it, I am
becoming an evangelist on this issue. Subject near and dear to what I
do after all. And I am totally f&^&@$ tired of dealing with clueless ad
agencies that have no idea what standards and accessibility mean.

Sorry, it is 5:30pm and I am still at work. This does not please me...

Chester Bullock,
Tenxible Solutions
Ethical, quality website design and programming
http://www.tenxible.com
AIM: tenxible
Yahoo: ccb247

Old September 12th 03, 11:50 PM
Monique Y. Herman

On 12 Sep 2003 23:35:01 GMT, Chester Bullock penned:
snip

If I ever get some time to myself, that site will undergo a lot of
changes to comply with web standards. Yes, you guessed it, I am
becoming an evangelist on this issue. Subject near and dear to what I
do after all. And I am totally f&^&@$ tired of dealing with clueless ad
agencies that have no idea what standards and accessibility mean.

Sorry, it is 5:30pm and I am still at work. This does not please me...

And then there are diehards like me, who believe that anything that
can't be rendered in lynx has failed.

(But truly ... why should I need to see pictures to navigate an
informational site??? Let me *choose* which pictures are important.)

--
monique

My pointless ramblings:
http://www.bounceswoosh.org/phorum/index.php?f=6