Cheapest lodging at Stowe?

Old November 5th 04, 11:36 PM
Mary Malmros

Default Cheapest lodging at Stowe?

Subject says it all -- I'm looking for simple and cheap lodging at
Stowe. I don't need anything in the way of amenities except heat and
hot water. I've found one place for $68 (Sunday through Wednesday,
early January, non-holiday week) -- is that about the best I'm going to do?

TIA,

--
Mary Malmros
Some days you're the windshield, other days you're the bug.

Old November 5th 04, 11:57 PM
lal_truckee

Mary Malmros wrote:
Subject says it all -- I'm looking for simple and cheap lodging at
Stowe. I don't need anything in the way of amenities except heat and
hot water. I've found one place for $68 (Sunday through Wednesday,
early January, non-holiday week) -- is that about the best I'm going to do?

3 nights for $68 is pretty decent, IMO. It might be cheaper to sleep in
the gutter, but someone would steal your skis.

Maybe you're just greedy? grin
Old November 6th 04, 01:28 AM
Mary Malmros

lal_truckee wrote:

Mary Malmros wrote:

Subject says it all -- I'm looking for simple and cheap lodging at
Stowe. I don't need anything in the way of amenities except heat and
hot water. I've found one place for $68 (Sunday through Wednesday,
early January, non-holiday week) -- is that about the best I'm going
to do?

3 nights for $68 is pretty decent, IMO. It might be cheaper to sleep in
the gutter, but someone would steal your skis.

Maybe you're just greedy? grin

Ha...I walked into that one *bonk*

Seriously, is $68 a night as good as I should expect to get? Place is a
fairly basic motel on Mountain Road.

Old November 6th 04, 05:49 AM
Richard Henry

"Mary Malmros" wrote in message
Subject says it all -- I'm looking for simple and cheap lodging at
Stowe. I don't need anything in the way of amenities except heat and
hot water. I've found one place for $68 (Sunday through Wednesday,
early January, non-holiday week) -- is that about the best I'm going to

do?

I can do better than that. Of course, I have relatives living in the area
(for sufficiently large values of "in the area"). My brother and sister
live in Richford (verrry close to Jay Peak). My brother and his wife work
at IBM in Essex Junction, which measn they drive about twice the distance to
Stowe from Richford to go to work every day.

Old November 6th 04, 12:02 PM
Juan KoolDude

Can you name the place?

On Fri, 05 Nov 2004 21:28:01 -0500, Mary Malmros
wrote:

lal_truckee wrote:

Subject says it all -- I'm looking for simple and cheap lodging at

http://www.2skierz.com
Old November 6th 04, 02:03 PM
Mary Malmros

Juan KoolDude wrote:

Can you name the place?

Stowe Motel. Crawling distance from the Shed.

Old November 8th 04, 01:57 PM
Walt

Mary Malmros wrote:

Subject says it all -- I'm looking for simple and cheap lodging at
Stowe. I don't need anything in the way of amenities except heat and
hot water. I've found one place for $68 (Sunday through Wednesday,
early January, non-holiday week) -- is that about the best I'm going to do?

Never been there myself, but I was scoping it out a month or so ago.
You're welcome to my bookmarks:

http://www3.digitalfrontier.com/esse.../rates/41.html
http://www.timberholm.com/packages.html

Good luck.

--
//-Walt
//

Trapp plans housing development, road across XC trails in Stowe, Vermont Lew Lasher Nordic Skiing 18 July 5th 04 07:55 PM
Lodging recommendations for Mammoth? Scott Lindner Snowboarding 2 February 21st 04 04:26 PM
Updated Stowe trail maps Lew Lasher Nordic Skiing 0 February 16th 04 03:10 PM
BOYCOTT STOWE scottabe Alpine Skiing 5 January 26th 04 06:52 PM
Trip report - Stowe, Vermont - 21 Dec 2003 Lew Lasher Nordic Skiing 0 December 22nd 03 12:15 AM