ski storage ...

Old February 17th 05, 08:50 AM
Nick Hounsome

"P" wrote in message

"Sue" wrote in message
In message , Ace
writes

I always carry mine (a leatherman) in my rucksack along with the
avalanche probe and shovel (and spare gloves, hat, goggles,
headtorch, sandwiches, drink etc)

What about your map, compass, para-cord, garden wire, spare snow
baskets, sewing kit and bivvy bag? Bloody amateurs ;-)

Spare snow baskets?
We're supposed to carry spare snow with us nowadays?

Spare snow(?!) - how much do you recommend and how to carry it?? )

Get the dehydrated stuff - it takes up less space.
You can rehydrate with fresh water from melting snow :-)

Old February 17th 05, 12:17 PM
Holger Issle

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:44:25 +0100, Ace wrote:

Duh. You carry it in the spare snow basket, obviously.

Would you please mind to come by and take some of my extra snow in
front of my door please? ;-)

Living near Stuttgart, we had about 20cm yesterday and 7 this morning.
And it still doesn't stop.
--

Ciao,
Holger (GUS-KOTAL, GUS#1100)

90-92 Honda CB400 10 Mm | 93-95 Yamaha TDM 850 26 Mm
95-97 KTM 620 LC4 13 Mm | seit 97 BMW R1100GS 50 Mm (Die Renndrecksau!)

cu @ http://www.issle.de
Old February 17th 05, 10:48 PM

On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:44:25 +0100, Ace wrote:

Spare snow(?!) - how much do you recommend and how to carry it?? )

Duh. You carry it in the spare snow basket, obviously.

'Duh' indeed.... Being used to changing snow conditions I read it as
spare 'snow baskets' (you know, for when you hit the fresh deep
powder), not as 'spare snow' baskets ))

P.

www.craigieburn.co.nz

Old February 18th 05, 09:47 AM
jonnyboy

Spare snow(?!) - how much do you recommend and how to carry it?? )
Duh. You carry it in the spare snow basket, obviously.
I read spare 'snow baskets' (..), not as 'spare snow' baskets ))

ssssstunning,

on a related topic, the polish guide that I normally ski
with is indisposed so can anyone help me?

i'm looking for a new ski pole. . .

(cringe)

jonny.

Old February 18th 05, 10:00 AM
Sammy

I've found another polish guide for you:
http://www.rustins.co.uk/Frep.html

Sammy

Old February 18th 05, 10:03 AM
Ace

On 18 Feb 2005 02:00:03 -0800, "Sammy" wrote:

I've found another polish guide for you:
http://www.rustins.co.uk/Frep.html

*nice*

Might rub him up the wrong way a bit, though...

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)