PENNSYLVANIA DAILY SKI REPORT

Old December 29th 03, 03:45 AM
Retired Coal Miner

Default PENNSYLVANIA DAILY SKI REPORT

How come we haven't seen any updates from the ...snow gun capital of the
world yet this season???

WillyJ2714 wrote:

Greetings Comrads,
I'm done.
I'm outahere.
I'm off to Ebay to get some of those Rossi XX.
See you next year from the snow gun capital of the world.

Old January 7th 04, 02:15 AM
Retired Coal Miner

Retired Coal Miner ...@... wrote in news:3FEFB176.1040500@...:

So, are there no updates from the snowgun capital of the world yet this
year? I used to enjoy reading them.

Old January 7th 04, 02:47 AM
scottabe

in article , Retired
Coal Miner at Blank wrote on 1/6/04 7:15 PM:

Retired Coal Miner ...@... wrote in news:3FEFB176.1040500@...:

So, are there no updates from the snowgun capital of the world yet this
year? I used to enjoy reading them.

Do you enjoy reading all the gross defamations and criminal stalkings of the
current crop of rsa regulars?

Old January 8th 04, 05:20 PM
Chuck

Retired Coal Miner Blank wrote in
:

Retired Coal Miner ...@... wrote in news:3FEFB176.1040500@...:

So, are there no updates from the snowgun capital of the world yet this
year? I used to enjoy reading them.

Went to Blue Mountain last Friday. Moguls, moguls, everywhere. Looked
like nothing had been groomed in days. Challenge was closed due to lack
of snow. Temps were in the 40's and what snow was on the ground was more
like slush. How's that for a report?

Things are looking up for this weekend. We finally hit a deep freeze
yesterday and snowmaking will begin again. By this weekend all of the
Pocono resorts ought to have some fresh.
--
Chuck
Remove "_nospam" to reply by email
Old January 9th 04, 04:34 AM
Milton Waddams

I just love that nickname snowgun capital of the world. It's so
accurate. And I did enjoy seeing WillyJ's rantings and ravings about
skiing in PA. If you look at the history of it in Google it goes all
the way back to 1996, it was like his blog long before the word blog was
ever invented.

Maybe WillyJ trademarked the word blog, cashed in for millions of $, and
retired to a cool winter mountain town never to be heard from again.

Old January 15th 04, 10:14 AM
WillyJ2714

My friends, thanks so much for asking for me! Yesterday was my first day out
and I drove the seventy miles and ninety minutes up to Blue Mountain where the
snow guns were blazing away! I'll tell ya, if it weren't for that, I think
we'd have pretty much nothing, even with the 2 to 4 inches we got last night.
Anyway, I stayed for the morning, where we had some Prestine Pennsylvania
Packed Powder on our, ahem, expert slopes and some chunky granular on our not
so steep (read: hill) trails. I talked to one guy on the lift who had a season
pass - he said it costs him two eighty for the year and skis each morning, gets
in twelve to fifteeen runs, doesn't get bored, and last year skied fifty eight
days - I figured that comes out to less than a half a buck a run. Me? I got
bored and left - cause Saturday the wife and I are jetting out to Vail. See
you there?
Will - no y