May be dumb, but worth a try?

Old October 23rd 03, 01:28 PM
John

Default May be dumb, but worth a try?

Im looking to buy some boots online. I know if I don't like em when I
get them, I can return them to the store in my town and exchange for a
different pair in the store. But getting new boots this yr and on a
budget.....

What do you guys think? Would these be ok for freeride even thou they
are park influensed if that does mean anything?

http://www.sportmart.ca/store/2produ...RA2JNTEBJU7HP7

Your freeback would be awsome as I wana get a move on to get some
boots. I know I have tried on a few Sims boots and seem to be size 10
in all that I have tried on. But the boot seems and appears to be a
good deal. If not them I know the other sims boots they are selling
the Sims Future were a nice fit and feel.

Thanks
John
Old October 23rd 03, 11:32 PM
Arvin Chang

Well the discount isn't that amazing (actually took me a second to
realize everything was in CND)... you should be able to get pretty
much any boot from last season for at least 40% off in the store. I
mean I bought a pair of DCShoes Radians from a store for $110USD
(originally $220) at the end of last season (rode two weekends in
them).

My opinion is that your boots are you single most important purchase
and you should not try to scrimp on it. Now I'm not saying that you
should go out and buy the most expensive pair of boots out there - but
you are better off paying $30-40 more for a boot really fits your
foot. Buying in the store lets you try on a lot of models and a lot of
different sizes, which is key. If you buy online, you are liable to
become lazy and decide that the boot is "good enough" and that's the
one thing you really shouldn't do - bindings/boards... you will
survive if they are a little off... but boots are very important.

Old October 23rd 03, 11:52 PM
Mike T

My opinion is that your boots are you single most important purchase
and you should not try to scrimp on it. Now I'm not saying that you
should go out and buy the most expensive pair of boots out there - but
you are better off paying $30-40 more for a boot really fits your
foot. Buying in the store lets you try on a lot of models and a lot of
different sizes, which is key. If you buy online, you are liable to
become lazy and decide that the boot is "good enough" and that's the
one thing you really shouldn't do - bindings/boards... you will
survive if they are a little off... but boots are very important.

Absolutely. If you search the Google archives of this newsgroup you
will see, time and time again, recommendations to make your feet happy
above all else, from several of the regulars on this group. Many of us
have found out the hard and expensive way.

If you have a pair of boots that you otherwise like but don't fit quite
right, you can always replace the liner with an Intuition liner
(www.intuitionsports.com). These liners (older versions I believe,
branded as "Thermoflex") can be found in boots off the shelf - some
Raichle and Deeluxe hard and soft boots, some 32's as well. There
liners are in a whole different league than the "moldable" liners from
Salomon, Northwave, etc. They actually work... but you really do need
to mold properly to get good results. If you can't find a dealer you
can order from www.yyzcanuck.com.

-Mike T

Old October 24th 03, 09:29 AM
Tim Sampson

"John" wrote in message
om...
I know if I don't like em when I
get them, I can return them to the store in my town and exchange for a
different pair in the store.

Based on this it would seem to be worth a try. Maybe I was just lucky, but I
bought some Northwave G4s on ebay and I was very happy with the fit. If you
really want this deal and you can take them back, why not try them?

Cheers
Tim