Strap Creep

Old January 5th 04, 12:32 PM
Justin F. Knotzke

Default Strap Creep

Hi,

I owen a couple of pairs of poles each using some sort of velcro system. My
skating poles have a set of Rossignol grips which appear to use a standard
Swix type grip:

http://www.swixsport.com/ie5D401.htm

Ever since I have owned these poles, they slide up my hands. I am
constantly shoving them down my hand into place. I have tightened them as much
as possible and they still slide up, especially up climbs.

I also own a pair of Excel poles with the Evo grips. They are a little
better but not much.

I have fairly small hands. Is the problem bad fit, or are these velcro
based grips simply not for all kinds of hands? Would I be better off going
with the old standard strap?

Could someone who used to suffer from strap creep recommened a system that
now works for you?

Thank You

Justin F. Knotzke

http://www.shampoo.ca PGP: http://www.shampoo.ca/pubkey.txt
Gigantic, a big big love - Kim Deal

Old January 5th 04, 04:56 PM
J999w

If you find a source for the standard cork, single strap handle, pass it along
! I hate these new fangled spider webs. I may go back to the paddle style grips
!

jw
milwaukee
(Ahhhhh ... skiing again)
Old January 6th 04, 01:01 AM
Gary Jacobson

Good start.
Then use the Jenex competition straps.
www.jenex.com
Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old January 6th 04, 02:25 PM

I bought a pair of the old Swix grips (cork with single strap) from
Akers Ski a couple years ago. I don't see them on the web page now
(www.akers-ski.com) but you could try phoning.

I have pretty small hands (men's small for gloves) and find the new
Swix grips to be quite good (SR2000 and SR2001). I didn't like the
SR94 straps nearly as much. An excellent source for the SR2001
grips/straps is Sports Rack in Marquette (www.skiguys.com). You can
order a pair of AluTeam poles (comes with PC grip, SR2001 strap,
baskets, LF wax) for $35.99. I ordered a pair and they sent
everything except the shafts (to save money on shipping).

Cheers,
Brian

Old January 6th 04, 10:22 PM
Trukweaz

the new Pro fit is even better. I have a mens 8 hand and I use the Pro Fit
medium. They are by for the best. I think the deal on those is the Alu Stars. A
50.00 alloy pole with the Pro Fits on them (the straps sell for 60.00 alone!)
Old January 7th 04, 10:30 AM
Justin F. Knotzke

quote who= Trukweaz /:
the new Pro fit is even better. I have a mens 8 hand and I use the Pro Fit
medium. They are by for the best. I think the deal on those is the Alu Stars. A
50.00 alloy pole with the Pro Fits on them (the straps sell for 60.00 alone!)

Hi,

I'd first like to thank everyone who has replied. I've taken notes on all
models. Who sells/makes these Pro Fit straps?

Thanks

Old January 7th 04, 04:53 PM
Brendon M. Troy

wrote
I bought a pair of the old Swix grips (cork with single strap) from
Akers Ski a couple years ago. I don't see them on the web page now
(www.akers-ski.com) but you could try phoning.

Just got a winter catalog of theirs (bought a pair of skis), and these
were in there. If you call, I'm sure they would have them. My sometimes
reliable memory puts them at about 30USD/pair.

-Brendon

Old January 7th 04, 11:37 PM
Trukweaz

Swix makes the Pro Fit