2004 Ski Gear

Old August 27th 03, 10:44 PM
Mike Grant

Default 2004 Ski Gear

Hey, im looking for a website to find out some reviews on 2004 ski gear.
I am waiting for the fall 2004 ski canada mag on the 2004 gear reports. I
was just wondering what everyone thinks about what the best new skis are
going to be. I already bought the 2004 Head slalom ski. And i think its
going to be the top Slalom racing ski this season.

Old August 28th 03, 12:05 PM
Aaron Daniel

Ski magazine's review issue is out. Personally, I thought the Head slalom
was very heavy, overdamp and more of a one turn shape ski than many of the
other slaloms out there. Don't get me wrong it is very good ski and much
better for an all-mountain ski than many of the other slalom skis on the
market. It made me take a good look at Head skis for the first time in a
quite a few years. I still prefer the 2003 Dynastar Omeglass 64 as well as
the Salomon, Volkl and Nordica slaloms. Just my preference.

As far as best new skis of 2004 are concerned I like the Volkl 6 Star, Elan
Mantis M12 and (I still can't believe I'm saying this) Rossignol Bandit B1
or B2. It appears to me that most manufacturers have seriously reworked
their all-mountain skis for 2004 and they have really made some big jumps in
performance - just like they did with slalom racing skis for 2003.

Aar

Old August 28th 03, 07:28 PM
Mike Grant

I am subscribed to the Ski canada mag. And i still didnt get the mag with
all the ski reviews in them. hrmmm... I'll have to give them a call..

"Wombat" wrote in message
"Aaron Daniel" wrote in
. com:

As far as best new skis of 2004 are concerned I like the Volkl 6 Star,
Elan Mantis M12 and (I still can't believe I'm saying this) Rossignol
Bandit B1 or B2. It appears to me that most manufacturers have
seriously reworked their all-mountain skis for 2004 and they have
really made some big jumps in performance - just like they did with
slalom racing skis for 2003.

The M12 was a great ski last year too. The M10 is even better if you don't
need the extra muscle.

--
Last Wombat in Baghdad
Remove the '77' to reply

Buying gear in US Plake Snowboarding 55 October 28th 04 03:06 PM
Buying gear in US Plake European Ski Resorts 62 October 28th 04 03:06 PM
Vordenberg & US Ski Team Clinic @ Gear West p.bowen Nordic Skiing 1 July 5th 04 07:41 PM
Riding gear prices Steve_r34 Snowboarding 2 December 22nd 03 03:43 AM
Sugestions for new ski/snowboard gear to test on Street Cents Baka Dasai Snowboarding 3 July 22nd 03 05:05 PM