As if....

Old August 20th 03, 01:39 PM
pigo

Default As if....

.......anyone needed a glimpse into that overflowing thimble that is al
frankens character.

OH CRAP! It's from Foxnews, probably made up......

Old August 20th 03, 02:49 PM
Dave Stallard

pigo wrote:

......anyone needed a glimpse into that overflowing thimble that is al
frankens character.

The fact that Al Franken is a sophmoric a-hole doesn't give the Fox suit
any more merit.

Dave
Old August 20th 03, 03:11 PM
pigo

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message

The fact that Al Franken is a sophmoric a-hole doesn't give the Fox

suit
any more merit.

Dave

Someone thought that is was beyond comprehension that al would use the
term "Fair and Balanced" as a means to give a false impression of
endorsement.

Turns out that besides everything else that is wrong about him, he did
exactly that with Harvard and their letterhead.

Old August 20th 03, 04:22 PM
Richard Henry

pigo wrote:

......anyone needed a glimpse into that overflowing thimble that is al
frankens character.

The fact that Al Franken is a sophmoric a-hole doesn't give the Fox suit
any more merit.

I'll agree. AF is not very funny, even though he tries, except in an
esoteric, pseudo-intellectual way.

FNC, on the other hand, is funny every day without even trying.

Old August 20th 03, 04:40 PM
bdubya

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 07:39:40 -0600, "pigo"
wrote:

......anyone needed a glimpse into that overflowing thimble that is al
frankens character.

OH CRAP! It's from Foxnews, probably made up......

Naw, that's an easy one. Al did a bad thing, apologized for it, and
Fox covered the apology. I'm still trying to find their coverage of
Bill O'Reilly's apology to Denmark. Being fair and balanced, I'm sure
they ran an article on it, especially since he shot his mouth off on
their airtime in the first place. If anybody's got a link to it, or
to Bill's public retraction please let me know; he's a fair and
balanced commentator, so I'm sure it's out there, but the liberal
media seem to have buried it.

bw

Old August 20th 03, 05:03 PM
pigo

"Dave Stallard" wrote in message

No, we thought it was beyond comprehension that someone would actually
BELIEVE Franken meant to do give a false impression of Fox's
endorsement, when his book cover was so obviously a PARODY of Fox.
That's the crux of the matter, which you seem to have difficulty
understanding.

So, knowing what you know now, that franken used Harvard Letterhead to
give the false impression of Harvard endorsment of his disrespectful
behavior with regards to the Attorney General of the United States, you
still find it hard to believe that he used the same tactic with a news
organization that exposes him for the lackey that he is?

Old August 20th 03, 05:12 PM
bdubya

wrote:

......anyone needed a glimpse into that overflowing thimble that is al
frankens character.

OH CRAP! It's from Foxnews, probably made up......

Naw, that's an easy one. Al did a bad thing, apologized for it, and
Fox covered the apology. I'm still trying to find their coverage of
Bill O'Reilly's apology to Denmark. Being fair and balanced, I'm sure
they ran an article on it, especially since he shot his mouth off on
their airtime in the first place. If anybody's got a link to it, or
to Bill's public retraction please let me know; he's a fair and
balanced commentator, so I'm sure it's out there, but the liberal
media seem to have buried it.

What did to O'Reilly say, and to whom? Who's Denmark, or do you mean
the country?

The country.
http://www.denmarkemb.org/oreilly.html
and then, a very fair 3 weeks later,
http://www.denmarkemb.org/oreilly2.html

I'm sure Fox ran something fair and balanced on this, I'm just trying
to find it.

bw
Old August 20th 03, 08:36 PM
bdubya

On Wed, 20 Aug 2003 15:46:27 -0400, Walt
wrote:

bdubya wrote:

What did to O'Reilly say, and to whom? Who's Denmark, or do you mean
the country?

The country.
http://www.denmarkemb.org/oreilly.html
and then, a very fair 3 weeks later,
http://www.denmarkemb.org/oreilly2.html

I'm sure Fox ran something fair and balanced on this, I'm just trying
to find it.

Who cares about appologizing to the Danes?
When's he gonna appologize to us?

"And I said on my program, if, if the Americans go in and
overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will
apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush
administration again." -- Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly
on "Good Morning America," March 18, 2003

It depends on what your definition of "nothing" is chuckle. But
seriously, like I've said, it's too early to declare there really were
no WMD at all; they just might still turn up. Even if they don't, the
buried twelve-year-old nuke docs amount to "something" marginally
greater than "nothing". And I'd rather see O'Reilly win a Peabody
than hear Saddam called "clean", not that there's much likelihood of
either.

bw
Old August 21st 03, 01:03 AM
pigo

"Walt" wrote in message

"And I said on my program, if, if the Americans go in and
overthrow Saddam Hussein and it's clean, he has nothing, I will
apologize to the nation, and I will not trust the Bush
administration again." -- Fox News commentator Bill O'Reilly
on "Good Morning America," March 18, 2003

Last I looked they found jetliners there at the airport. Recent history
tells us that those are weapons of mass destruction. Unless you don't
consider ground zero in NYC a site of mass destruction.