Skier Maier to lead out Tour de France

Old July 1st 03, 04:44 PM
scottabe

Default Skier Maier to lead out Tour de France

in article , Mike Speegle at
wrote on 7/1/03 8:44 AM:

In news:Fred Marx typed:
god there's nothing worse than skiiers in july...

****in' A. ;-)

There is something worse than skiers in July.
Skiers who hang out on rsa. The most amoral, unethical group of scumbags,
liars, criminals, and psychopaths short of auk. Come to think of it,
several of them have been known to hang out there, too.

Old July 1st 03, 05:17 PM
Andy Coggan

"Top Sirloin" wrote in message

Compare their BMI to those with the ultimate leg strength: powerlifters.

How
would powerlifters do in a prologue?

Get me in the Tour and we can find out. :-)

No need, we can predict the results:

You'd suck.

If you had the ability to do really well in the prologue, then you wouldn't
need any help getting into the TdF.

Andy Coggan

Old July 1st 03, 05:27 PM
bdubya

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 08:55:42 -0600, Fred Marx
wrote:

god there's nothing worse than skiiers in july...

No doubt. So hard up for entertainment, they're even watching an rbr
circle jerk. Tragic.

bw
Old July 1st 03, 05:27 PM
Top Sirloin

On Tue, 01 Jul 2003 17:17:33 GMT, "Andy Coggan" wrote:

No need, we can predict the results:

You'd suck.

I'd be really fast for a short period of time.

If you had the ability to do really well in the prologue, then you wouldn't
need any help getting into the TdF.

So Maier didn't need any help getting in? :-)

--
Scott Johnson
"Always with the excuses for small legs. People like you are
Old July 1st 03, 05:28 PM
brian roth

Nev Shea wrote in message news:fk%La.72085
All this talk about climbers and sprinters in the prologue reminded me of a
few years ago where Marcel Wust rode easy in the prologue, then blasted up
the one minor hill to win the KOM jersey for the first week. Think he even
won a bunch sprint while wearing polka dots.

It was pretty ridiculous having a pure sprinter in the KOM jersey like
that, though not as ridiculous as dumbass continuing to argue in this
thread.

NS

In doing so, he foiled Frankie Andreu, who had the same plan to grab the
KOM jersey.

He did win a sprint in the Polka Dot (man bites dog), JP Von Poppell had
done it prior to him...
Old July 1st 03, 05:35 PM
Kyle Legate

Poachise wrote:
"Robert Chung" wrote

Top poster "Aaron Daniel" wrote in message
. com...
I don't see that information being put forth. If you have
information to counter what I've put forth please do.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but since your understanding in
this area is stretched thin how would you know?

Oh dear. Perhaps you were unaware that this is usenet and your
silly, made-up credentials don't mean anything here.

True, but serious for-real credentials lend credence to an educated man's
arguement.

FWIW, contributors to this thread have included: 1) a
widely-published PhD in exercise physiology who specializes in time
trials, has studied elite cyclists and their performances, and is
probably working on what will be *the* book on cycling power;

Why should we believe a PhD? They are frequently dead wrong, you
know.

Not when they address well researched topics within their chosen field, and
certainly not when compared with the unwashed masses who try to wax
intelligent on topics they know nothing about.

3) a guy who's been in about
600 races. (There are others in this thread whose experiences are
considerable -- it's just that I don't know their bona fides off the
top of my head).

I'm sorry that you all have such boring taste in sports. But
doing the same thing over and over again doesn't make you an
expert, it just makes you a dull, uninteresting child.

Like pointing skiis down a mountain and heading for the bottom? There's
nothing more to alpine skiing than that. Exciting? Sure, but if you've seen
one you've seen them all..

If you think that good and accurate information hasn't been put
forth in this thread, then I'd suggest you reconsider.

I'd posit that perhaps you bicycle racing boys should be debating
whether there is a hyphen in "anal-retentive".

What's to debate? There's no hyphen in anal retentive.

Old July 1st 03, 07:22 PM
Alan Baker

In article ,
"MoonMan" wrote:

In rthlink.net, Nev
Shea typed:
Mary Malmros wrote in
:

"Robert Chung" writes:

Top poster "Aaron Daniel" wrote in message
. com...
I don't see that information being put forth. If you have
information to counter what I've put forth please do.

Not to put too fine a point on it, but since your understanding in
this area is stretched thin how would you know?

He'd know because you'd condescend to point out exactly what posters
and posts you're talking about.

And before you rip into me too, go look at the Newsgroups line. We
don't all know the members of your li'l club.

Thank you for condescending to our lil club by ripping into Robert
with your first post here in 5 years. Perhaps you would be so kind to
enlighten us more now by lecturing us about the NG etiquette of
lurking, or at least understanding the topic you want to post about.

Thank you so much, Ms Manners

before you make a total prat of yourself you might do as Mary suggested and
look at the newsgroups line!

Be prepared to be told you are a psychotic terrorist, etc...

--
Alan Baker
Vancouver, British Columbia
Old July 1st 03, 08:27 PM
Kurgan Gringioni

"scottabe" wrote in message

I'm more than happy to discuss newsgroup etiquette. For example, this

vile
liar has smeared me on several occasions, alleging that I was a threat to
her. No matter that I've NEVER been in her state, I live three thousand
miles away, and I never threatened her in anyway, unless exposing her as a
vicious, unprincipled liar is a threat.
Let's discuss Mary Malmros's participation in an ongoing criminal

conspiracy
that has threatened MY life, committed scores of felonies, and smeared me
with the grossest defamations.
Fair enough?

OK, let's hear it. Scores of felonies?

Old July 1st 03, 08:55 PM
Mike Speegle

In news:Kurgan Gringioni
typed:

OK, let's hear it. Scores of felonies?

Please don't feed the rsa troll.
--
Mike
"Colorado Ski Country, USA" Come often, Ski hard,