A Snow and ski forum. SkiBanter

If this is your first visit, be sure to check out the FAQ by clicking the link above. You may have to register before you can post: click the register link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below.

Go Back   Home » SkiBanter forum » Skiing Newsgroups » Alpine Skiing
Site Map Home Register Authors List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read Web Partners

Where is everybody else, you can't all be skiing - can you???

Old November 20th 15, 08:33 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
[email protected]
external usenet poster

Default Where is everybody else, you can't all be skiing - can you???

The inactivity of this group is sad, last year this time there were many posts each day, not all related to our (non)-resident troll.

Hasn't anyone had a great day so far this year to write about, or a ski location that is worthy of commendation???
Ads
Old November 21st 15, 04:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]
external usenet poster

On 11/20/2015 12:33 PM, wrote:

Yesterday at Snow Summit. Pitiful conditions, and I did badly.

--
Cheers, Bev
Schrodinger's Cake: You can have it AND eat it.
--Roland Curtis
Old November 22nd 15, 03:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry
external usenet poster

Monday Tuesday Wednesday at Yosemite Valley with my kids. We met at Amtrak station in Merced and drove in after Mexican food dinner. We stayed in a Curry Village heated tent (wood skeleton frame, canvas walls, and a propane heater) and it was not as cold as I feared it might be (wearing all my ski underwear, of course). There had been 4" of snow in the Valley Sunday, but the only residue on the road was the "Chains Required" signs, which we ignored because we didn't want to tear up the nice NPS roads. The parking lots were icy, but not a big problem. Hiking around on the trails meant exposure to a mix of rock, ice, snow and mud - and I fear that is all the winter I will get this year.
Old November 22nd 15, 03:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]
external usenet poster

On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 8:21:27 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:
Monday Tuesday Wednesday at Yosemite Valley with my kids. We met at Amtrak station in Merced and drove in after Mexican food dinner. We stayed in a Curry Village heated tent (wood skeleton frame, canvas walls, and a propane heater) and it was not as cold as I feared it might be (wearing all my ski underwear, of course). There had been 4" of snow in the Valley Sunday, but the only residue on the road was the "Chains Required" signs, which we ignored because we didn't want to tear up the nice NPS roads. The parking lots were icy, but not a big problem. Hiking around on the trails meant exposure to a mix of rock, ice, snow and mud - and I fear that is all the winter I will get this year.

Sounds nice. I have to imagine it was pretty uncrowded? That place can really be a zoo.
Old November 22nd 15, 09:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry
external usenet poster

On Sunday, November 22, 2015 at 7:48:24 AM UTC-8, pigo wrote:
On Saturday, November 21, 2015 at 8:21:27 PM UTC-7, Richard Henry wrote:

Sounds nice. I have to imagine it was pretty uncrowded? That place can really be a zoo.

Not crowded like summer, but this is the season for middle school Nature Bridge camps, so there were about a hundred kids in Curry Village tents a couple of hundred yards away. All I got in my upbringing was a week in 4H camp and a day trip to the FFA convention.

Only one campground was open in our end of the Valley and I only saw a dozen or so tents and RVs in there.