Still on snow

Old April 15th 06, 10:13 PM

Default Still on snow

Great skiing at Steven's Pass nordic today. 2 inches of fresh snow on a 100
inch base, track set 35km. Feels like winter, looks like winter.
JC

Old April 16th 06, 09:58 AM

Jeffery Clarke wrote:
Great skiing at Steven's Pass nordic today. 2 inches of fresh snow on a 100
inch base, track set 35km. Feels like winter, looks like winter.
JC

Where is that?

Joseph

Old April 16th 06, 01:18 PM

"John Forrest Tomlinson" wrote in message

Where is that?

Argentina?

East of Seattle. :-)

JF

Old April 17th 06, 04:03 AM

2 inches? We got 2 and a half here today in Tahoe Donner. Oh, that's
FEET. Sorry.

There's a Pic on the farwestnordic.org home page for those who want to
see what Easter Sunday in the Sierra looked like. And this was closing
day for the local ski area. Dang.

Mark

Old April 19th 06, 02:08 AM

Sovereign Lake Nordic Club has a training camp scheduled for May.

Sovereign Lake Nordic Club

Spring Training Snow Camp

for Cross Country Skiing or Biathlon Groups

May 12 to May 18, 2006 Vernon, BC

The Sovereign Lake Nordic Club would like to extend an invitation to all XC
ski and Biathlon racing/training groups to come to join us for the first
annual "SLNC Spring Training Snow Camp"

May 12th to May 18th, 2006

- 12km of ski trail, to suit your needs, will be groomed daily with our
large snowcat groomer.

- The biathlon range will be operational and available for use.

- The lodge will be open 9:00am to 2:00pm daily with all its services
available.

- SLNC can also offer assistance in organizing accommodation.

The price is $15 per person (Adult or Jr) based upon a minimum 35
participants. This pricing could change depending on registration
numbers.The more participants the lower the price. This camp is open only
to registered groups. Please pre-register by Friday May 5th.

Please contact us for more information or to register. Ph. 250-558-4770 or
email.

Old April 19th 06, 03:01 PM

http://www.sovereignlake.com/webcam.html

Old April 19th 06, 04:21 PM

cpella wrote:
http://www.sovereignlake.com/webcam.html

That settles it! I'm moving!

Seriously, though, what is the normal season length there?

Joseph

Old April 19th 06, 05:56 PM

Yeah, if there was any employment for my wife and I we would consider
moving to Vernon. The season starts mid-November, and obviously
extends to late April at least. It would be nice to have my ski and
paddling seasons overlap, which is a bit tricky in Ottawa.