Spray Klister, Was Vasaloppet Kick Wax Recommendations

Old March 8th 05, 05:45 PM

Default Spray Klister, Was Vasaloppet Kick Wax Recommendations

My Vasalparen magazine for Feb 2005, page 60, has pictures of
Tokos nya (new) Grip Spray -nu ven (now even)
Toko Carbon klister som (in) Spray fr enkel plggning. (for one laying on)
Frsalning och demonstrationer i Slen och Mora

(For sale and demonstration in Slen and Mora) ... at the Stadium
booths in the registration tents) [no absolute guarantee on
translation but certainly close]

I think I saw it also at Intersports in Mora. I didn't pay attention
to prices but I do think, as the ad said, that it was for sale.

The URL for toko is www.toko.ch
try:
http://www.mammut.ch/toko/katalog.as...d=2898&sid =2
or (english) try
http://www.tokowax.com/ and products-wax nordic - grip and kister

Grip & Klister
News Products Wax Nordic Grip & Klister Grip & Glide
Grip & Glide Art.Nr. 5509805
Liquid wax spray for the gliding and kick zones of Nordic skis with mechanical climb aids.

I think I will be in Stockholm this weekend and will try to check the
nearby intersports and stadium stores.

By the way, the Vasaloppet was one awesome race. When the skiers came
up from Mora Parken and turned the corner onto Vasagatan (Vasa
Street)for 500m to the finish line, there were 12 of them clustered.
Oskar Svrd pulled off to the right and kept the lead to the end but
there were several who could have found something and pulled up to him
but remember they had been racing for 89.5 km already. Somebody fell
at 2km to go and there was a big pileup of 12 more which had been the
trailing part of that front group.

When Janne G posts the vasaloppet video, it is worth watching, at
least the last few km.

(I am in Norrtlje and thus reading r.s.n through maxwell.syr.edu and
my computer wants to send r.s.n post to bell atlantic, my home server
in usa. If you want to disseminate my contribution, feel free to
forward it to the newsgroup. thanks much. and do look for the download
for the race. it was awesome. I have nearly 6 hours of VHS video
counting the pre race interviews, the additional 30 minutes for sofia
lind to show and then the 4pm vasaloppet highlights and views of
people still on the tracks. This time it would have been nice to be
out there instead of here in our apartment glued to the screen for the
3.52 of the race. if you go to http://www.vasaloppet.se results you
can see times and speeds for the racers (the first ones of interest
anyhow). 90 km in 4hrs is tough, I think. In fact you can drive the
vasalopps road from slen to mora and beat the skiers but not a lot
considering parking and road congestion.)

Rob Bradlee wrote:
--- Rob Bradlee wrote:

--- Mitch Collinsworth wrote:

_Is this Toko spray klister and grip spray universal available

You now know as much as I do. I was told it was all hush-hush
(you'll
note I haven't mentioned it), but I guess if they're recommending it
in
Europe then they must be selling it already over there. I will let
you
all know more when I learn about it.

Rob Bradlee
Toko Tech Team (USA)

I checked with the boss. Demos available next year. Sales in 2 years.
(We like to thoroughly test out a product before releasing it.)

Rob