50K Club Back In Action 9-26-04

Old September 26th 04, 05:15 PM
Jay Tegeder

Default 50K Club Back In Action 9-26-04

Maybe it is because we're all getting older. Or, maybe we're just busy
doing other things... Either way, this was probably the latest start
the 50K Club ever got before a ski season. However, the numbers were
big thanks to "Elite Wave Dave" Christopherson calling everyone to
show up. That used to be my job but "Elite Wave Dave" did a fine job
and he can continue to do so. Among the others who appeared on a
beautiful September Sunday in the Afton Hills east of Saint Paul were
Tom Bengel, Jay Wenner, Per and Margie Nelson, Pete Thurmes, Dave
Peterson, Tim "T Squared" Trudeau, Bob Woodruff, Toby Markowitz, John
O'Connell, Dave Gornge, Dan Alms and Bill Quinn. Oh yeah, Julie Joy
Wenner rode her bike. Anyway, we split into groups depending on speed.
Tom Bengel and I cruised along at our own pace. Wenner skied quite a
bit on his own. "Elite Wave Dave" skied with "T Squared", Per,
Peterson and Woody. I had my hands taped up pretty good to prevent
blisters since gloves seem to make it worse in warm weather. For some
reason, the hills seemed bigger this year. That could be because I
haven't done a lot of rollerskiing yet. Although, I have 3,000 miles
between the road, mountain and cyclocross bikes... Tom and I hit all
of the big climbs except 15th Street and Indian Trail. The total time
rollerskiing for us was 2 hours 40 minutes.

Jay Tegeder
"Stick around this sport long enough and you'll beat everyone at least
once!" JT
Old September 27th 04, 01:26 AM
John Schorer

3000 miles! I'd like to see your training log.