US Nationals

Old January 10th 05, 01:53 PM
delltodd

Default US Nationals

First thread on Nationals...file your comments & insights. Here's a
couple of mine.

Rebecca Dussault - awesome. I am kinda surprised she had to push so
hard to get the wins, and was too tired for the sprints as a
consequence. I would have thought she would skate through it, but who
knows where she is in her training cycle ? I would doubt she is trying
to peak for Nationals. Likely came in under a heavy load. Cool to see
how she can dig so deep and even puke when it's called for. Inspiring.

Lindsey Williams - take the sprint gold, skis hard winning all the
prelims. Killer. Glad to see it. A nice peak for sure, her best ski
meet ever.

Torin Koos - Does same to mens sprint field. Killer to see him on the
bubble. We have a good crop of top skiers, he is one of them for sure.

Ivan Babikov - The Russian / Candian - wow. Grow up in a russian ski
school, have 20 years of racing under your belt at age 24, and it
shows. Holy cow. Kind of a Jeff Gordon at this level (young with lots
of experience). Did get a little tired there after the first 2 races.
Very impressive.

Justin Freeman - Big Bird has a very inspiring National Title to his
name after a run of fair to middlin' results. Very cool to see. He
beats Babikov & the field, by a fat Freeman margin too.

Andrew Newell - what happened ?! I was looking for Newell in several
events such as classic & sprints, and he was not able to find his form.
I am sure he is a lot more disappointed than I am. Will he be able to
go to Worlds now ? This was supposed to be his time.

Some impressive Juniors handing in some amazingly quick times.

Some impressive Old Dogs such as Barry Makarevicz & Nathan Schultz
handing in some great races too. Cool to see !