Boston Ski Show

Old November 11th 13, 01:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Default Boston Ski Show

Anybody going to the ski show?
I am spending Friday night at the Science Museum on a sleep over with my
son and a herd of other families. Then we are going to the ski show on
Saturday.
Then it is off to fried seafood at Jake's.
Old November 11th 13, 10:15 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:50:53 PM UTC-8, downhill wrote:
Anybody going to the ski show?

I am spending Friday night at the Science Museum on a sleep over with my

son and a herd of other families. Then we are going to the ski show on

Saturday.

Then it is off to fried seafood at Jake's.

Now that transfat has been banned, they will have to fry it in lard. Yummy.

Old November 11th 13, 10:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
downhill

Richard Henry wrote:
On Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:50:53 PM UTC-8, downhill wrote:
Anybody going to the ski show?

I am spending Friday night at the Science Museum on a sleep over with my

son and a herd of other families. Then we are going to the ski show on

Saturday.

Then it is off to fried seafood at Jake's.

Now that transfat has been banned, they will have to fry it in lard. Yummy.

Think they changed type of oil a few years back when talk started, they
try to be a little progressive in food allergy and content.
But butter is in so fried lobster dipped in melted butter......
Old November 11th 13, 10:39 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Monday, November 11, 2013 3:18:58 PM UTC-8, downhill wrote:
Richard Henry wrote:

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:50:53 PM UTC-8, downhill wrote:

Anybody going to the ski show?

I am spending Friday night at the Science Museum on a sleep over with my

son and a herd of other families. Then we are going to the ski show on

Saturday.

Then it is off to fried seafood at Jake's.

Now that transfat has been banned, they will have to fry it in lard. Yummy.

Think they changed type of oil a few years back when talk started, they

try to be a little progressive in food allergy and content.

But butter is in so fried lobster dipped in melted butter......

Lard stories -

In my youth in Northern Vermont, there was drive-in snack place (Nip's, on the Derby-Newport road) that served a variety of french fries they called suzie-qs. They were delicious when hot, but turned into a greasy mess as they cooled (still delicious, just a greasy mess).

Farm kids often had old lard pails as lunch boxes.

When I first visited Quatros Milpas restaurant in Bario Logan area of San Diego, I took my burrito from the order window to the back room where they had a few small tables set up. About halfway through my burrito, I realized that the small standup table I was sharing with a few friends was actually a checkered tablecloth placed over a 55-gallon barrel of manteca.

I saw once that the original recipe for Oreo filling was lard and powdered sugar.

All those years I wasted avoiding lard...
Old November 11th 13, 11:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 15:39:21 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

I saw once that the original recipe for Oreo filling was lard and powdered sugar.

I heard the same thing. When I was young my mother owned a bakery and
I learned that she made frosting from lard and powdered sugar. I ran
the mixer myself, many times.

Service guarantees citizenship, except now. Trunky fears me. Women
find me irresistible. Men find me at the VFW. Would you like to know
more?
Old November 12th 13, 01:33 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

wrote this crap:

I saw once that the original recipe for Oreo filling was lard and powdered sugar.

I heard the same thing. When I was young my mother owned a bakery and

I learned that she made frosting from lard and powdered sugar. I ran

the mixer myself, many times.

Service guarantees citizenship, except now. Trunky fears me. Women

find me irresistible. Men find me at the VFW. Would you like to know

more?

One more - avoid the lard-free refried beans.
Old November 12th 13, 04:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/11/2013 03:15 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

On Sunday, November 10, 2013 6:50:53 PM UTC-8, downhill wrote:
Anybody going to the ski show?

I am spending Friday night at the Science Museum on a sleep over with my
son and a herd of other families. Then we are going to the ski show on
Saturday.

Then it is off to fried seafood at Jake's.

Now that transfat has been banned, they will have to fry it in lard. Yummy.

My grandma used lard to make the best piecrust in the world. Everybody,
except for some middle-eastern people, knows that bacon is a health
food. No idea how the Pig Council managed to convince those people not
to eat them, but it leaves more for the rest of us.

--
Cheers, Bev
The beatings will continue until morale improves
Old November 12th 13, 04:25 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/11/2013 03:39 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

Lard stories -

In my youth in Northern Vermont, there was drive-in snack place
(Nip's, on the Derby-Newport road) that served a variety of french
fries they called suzie-qs. They were delicious when hot, but turned
into a greasy mess as they cooled (still delicious, just a greasy
mess).

Farm kids often had old lard pails as lunch boxes.

When I first visited Quatros Milpas restaurant in Bario Logan area of
San Diego, I took my burrito from the order window to the back room
where they had a few small tables set up. About halfway through my
burrito, I realized that the small standup table I was sharing with a
few friends was actually a checkered tablecloth placed over a
55-gallon barrel of manteca.

I saw once that the original recipe for Oreo filling was lard and
powdered sugar.

Oreos aren't worth the calories used to feed them down the garbage disposal.

Decorative frosting for cakes is Crisco and powdered sugar. When my
friend took a cake-decorating class and told me that I never ate the
stuff again. Fortunately it's not difficult to scrape off.

All those years I wasted avoiding lard...

I-5 is faster, but 99 is more interesting.

Did you know that Manteca, the small central valley town, was named that
because the railroad misspelled 'Monteca', the intended name?

Old November 12th 13, 04:27 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 11/11/2013 06:33 PM, Richard Henry wrote:

One more - avoid the lard-free refried beans.

Why? I can't tell the difference between the original and the no-fat
variety. Besides, they're just a base for other good things.

Old November 12th 13, 02:46 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 11 Nov 2013 21:25:12 -0800, The Real Bev
wrote this crap:

I saw once that the original recipe for Oreo filling was lard and
powdered sugar.

Oreos aren't worth the calories used to feed them down the garbage disposal.

Decorative frosting for cakes is Crisco and powdered sugar. When my
friend took a cake-decorating class and told me that I never ate the
stuff again. Fortunately it's not difficult to scrape off.

Crisco? Crisco is vegetable grease. I wouldn't use that stuff to
grease the axles on my mountain bike. Real frosting is made with lard
and powdered sugar.

boston ski show down_hill Alpine Skiing 52 November 5th 11 01:41 PM
Ski rentals in Boston? [email protected] Alpine Skiing 2 October 31st 06 11:11 PM
Boston Rob Snowboarding 6 October 9th 06 02:48 AM
Boston Ski shop? Greg Hilton Alpine Skiing (moderated) 2 March 15th 05 08:24 PM
Snowing in Boston Dave Stallard Alpine Skiing 5 November 12th 04 11:55 PM