Drooling at Night

Old October 26th 03, 11:54 PM
Gary Jacobson

Default Drooling at Night

Years ago there was something about drifting off to sleep in a puddle of
drool after a long hard work out. Happened often when I was younger. Rarely
happens these days, but it did last night, after a long work out.

Why do we drool after a tough session? Something with the nervous system I
suppose, but what?

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

Old October 27th 03, 06:59 AM
Anders Lustig

"Gary Jacobson" wrote in message . ..

Why do we drool after a tough session? Something with the nervous system I
suppose, but what?

I havenīt noticed the connection, but the phenomenon is
not unfamiliar to me:-)

Itīs a good question, though, and leads me to make a
related (and an unrelated) follow-up question:

Why do I (we?) *invariably* sprout like a hose from my
nose when I ski - but *never* when I run *in the same
climatic conditions and at the same intensity*?

Why does a plastic drinks bottle turn from hard (so
that it offers resistance when you squeeze it) to
strangely soft when I pour hot water (from the water
boiler) into it?

And why do some people insist that harmful substances
dissolve into the water in the process?:-)

Anders
Old October 27th 03, 09:25 AM
taywood

"Anders Lustig" wrote in message
om...
"Gary Jacobson" wrote in message

. ..

Why do I (we?) *invariably* sprout like a hose from my
nose when I ski - but *never* when I run *in the same
climatic conditions and at the same intensity*?

I dont know why, but I cured the problem in my case by
wearing wraparound glasses.
Mike

Old October 27th 03, 02:09 PM
J999w

There you go ... it's not if you drool or not, just that you look cool doing
it.

You'll look much better drooling in your Oaklies.

BTW, my mother drools ... but then, she's 87 !

jw
milwaukee