Getting the real information out of foot2foot replies..

Old November 30th 04, 04:56 PM
foot2foot

Default Getting the real information out of foot2foot replies..

Lately?, a trend has been for certain posters to follow up an
informational post (of any kind really, but also ones that I
have made) with mostly non informational small talk, laughing
at each other's jokes, and so on. After a while the replies to
the thread get to be so many with little actual value, that it's
hard to find the replies with further information in them.

Not that it's bad, it's just what they do, but for readers who
really want information, it's problematic.

That's easy to fix. From now on, for the most part, I'll only
reply to replies to *informational posts* that I initiate, that
have actual information, and not to any with useless small
talk and laughing at each other's jokes. And I will be sure
to reply to posts in reply to mine that are informational.

I may continue to respond to some of the small talk threads
as well.

So, all you need to do is just read my ski technique
information posts, and only read *my* replies (which will
include some of the other replies, and if you want you can
the replies I make to replies to my posts. In this way
you can bypass wasted time reading all this useless stuff
that crops up.

At the same time you'll begin to learn certain posters that
you can just ignore. That will also make things easier.

Just read my ski technique posts, and only my replies to replies,
problem solved!!

You can start your ignore list with (most of ) the people
that are going to respond to this posts.

Old November 30th 04, 08:27 PM
Walt

Bob Lee wrote:

Hey, how does foot2foot change a lightbulb?

He just grabs ahold of it and the entire world revolves around him.

Couldn't he just attach it to an SUV and wait for it to spontaneously
roll over?

Thank you, you've been a great crowd, really. Give yourselves a hand.
That's right. I'll be here all week, folks. Thanks again and good
night.

Next up: Throckery, the wonder dog!

--
//-Walt
//
Old November 30th 04, 09:00 PM
BrritSki

foot2foot wrote:

Lately?, a trend has been for certain posters to follow up an
informational post (of any kind really, but also ones that I
have made) with mostly non informational small talk, laughing
at each other's jokes, and so on. After a while the replies to
the thread get to be so many with little actual value, that it's
hard to find the replies with further information in them.

Not that it's bad, it's just what they do, but for readers who
really want information, it's problematic.

That's easy to fix. From now on, for the most part, I'll only
reply to replies to *informational posts* that I initiate, that
have actual information, and not to any with useless small
talk and laughing at each other's jokes. And I will be sure
to reply to posts in reply to mine that are informational.

What about replies that contradict you ? Will you just shout louder and
louder and dredge up dodgy statiustics to backup your assertions ?

I may continue to respond to some of the small talk threads
as well.

How gracious of you.
Old December 1st 04, 05:28 AM
J. Urrrk

"Walt" wrote in message
Bob Lee wrote:

Hey, how does foot2foot change a lightbulb?

He just grabs ahold of it and the entire world revolves around

him.

Couldn't he just attach it to an SUV and wait for it to

spontaneously
roll over?

He's just mad because he couldn't figure out how to drive an SUV
properly.

Needless to say, it ended up "revolving" around him.

Ba dump Bump!

Thank you, you've been a great crowd, really. Give yourselves a

hand.
That's right. I'll be here all week, folks. Thanks again and

good
night.

Next up: Throckery, the wonder dog!

Barking jingle bells!

Arf arf arf
Arf arf arf
Arf arf arf arf arf
Arf arf arf arf arf arf arf
Arf arf arf arf arf

-J. Urrrk, Animal impressario.

Old December 1st 04, 05:33 AM
foot2foot

Didn't expect this person to reply either...

Old December 1st 04, 05:34 AM
foot2foot

"Sven Golly" wrote in message
"foot2foot" pontificated from on high in
:

That's easy to fix. From now on, for the most part, I'll only
reply to replies to *informational posts* that I initiate, that
have actual information, and not to any with useless small
talk and laughing at each other's jokes. And I will be sure
to reply to posts in reply to mine that are informational.

I may continue to respond to some of the small talk threads
as well.

We'll alert the media.

Good for a chuckle, didn't expect this person to reply.

Old December 1st 04, 09:28 AM
BrritSki

foot2foot wrote:

"Sven Golly" wrote in message

"foot2foot" pontificated from on high in
:

That's easy to fix. From now on, for the most part, I'll only
reply to replies to *informational posts* that I initiate, that
have actual information, and not to any with useless small
talk and laughing at each other's jokes. And I will be sure
to reply to posts in reply to mine that are informational.

I may continue to respond to some of the small talk threads
as well.

We'll alert the media.

Good for a chuckle, didn't expect this person to reply.

What about me loser ?

I'm still waiting for you to explain the difference between a wedge and
a stem or whatever it is you were bleating about...
Old December 1st 04, 12:35 PM
Walt

foot2foot wrote:
"J. Urrrk" wrote in message

Didn't expect this person to reply either...

Noooooobody expects the Throckery barking Jingle Bells impression!

--
// Walt
//

Old December 1st 04, 03:16 PM
J. Urrrk

"Walt" wrote in message
foot2foot wrote:
"J. Urrrk" wrote in

message

Didn't expect this person to reply either...

Noooooobody expects the Throckery barking Jingle Bells impression!

Shall we torture him with the cedar doggy bed and the nyla-bones?

-J. Urrrk, inquisitively

Old December 1st 04, 05:25 PM
foot2foot

"J. Urrrk" wrote in message
"Walt" wrote in message
foot2foot wrote:
"J. Urrrk" wrote in

message

Didn't expect this person to reply either...

Noooooobody expects the Throckery barking Jingle Bells impression!

Shall we torture him with the cedar doggy bed and the nyla-bones?

-J. Urrrk, inquisitively

So, who is this Throckey persona? Who's behind this outrage?