new web site

Old August 27th 04, 10:32 AM
pete devlin

In message , PG
writes
Were you in Val around that time Pete? A mate I was with was sure he
heard your name mentioned when he was in Precision at the end of the
season, buying some skis.

I did the, now customary, last week of the season. Left on 3rd May I
think. I was in precision a few times trying to barter a cheap pair of
185 pocket rockets. Bought some from a ski instructor in the end.
--
Pete Devlin
Give me a woman who loves beer and I will conquer the world.
Old August 27th 04, 10:51 AM
PG

"pete devlin" wrote in message
| In message , PG
| writes
| Were you in Val around that time Pete? A mate I was with was sure he
| heard your name mentioned when he was in Precision at the end of the
| season, buying some skis.
|
| I did the, now customary, last week of the season. Left on 3rd May I
| think. I was in precision a few times trying to barter a cheap pair of
| 185 pocket rockets. Bought some from a ski instructor in the end.

Right.... better not tell you what they were saying about you then!

Pete
http://bsm.alpesprovence.net SNOWeSCAPE

;o)

[Only kidding......]

Old August 27th 04, 12:00 PM
Walter Wright

"PG" wrote in message

I was particularly impressed by this lady early May in Tignes....
visibility was pretty poor at the time, but I was grateful for my
goggles....

Ha, that's almost tasteful compared to what a fellow chalet resident wore in
La Rosiere for a week last April. Imagine the brightest, most fluorescent
yellow you have ever seen in your life - the stuff you see on emergency
vehicles. Imagine that made into a one-piece, then sported around the
mountains by a 6'4" bloke. Imagine the amount of pi** that was taken out of
him that week. The full story came out on the last night when it emerged his
wife had found it for him in a charity shop for £5. We all agreed we'd have
put in a fiver each for him *not* to wear it. He was presented with a prize
and a bunch of bananas by the ski-host as I recall.

At least no-one crashed into the guy while he was out wearing the thing,
although the number of injuries sustained by people falling over from
laughing reached a new resort record! I do regret not getting a photo.

Walter

Old August 27th 04, 12:12 PM
PG

"Walter Wright" wrote in message

| "PG" wrote in message
|
| I was particularly impressed by this lady early May in Tignes....
| visibility was pretty poor at the time, but I was grateful for my
| goggles....
|
| Ha, that's almost tasteful compared to what a fellow chalet resident
wore in
| La Rosiere for a week last April. Imagine the brightest, most
fluorescent
| yellow you have ever seen in your life - the stuff you see on
emergency
| vehicles. Imagine that made into a one-piece, then sported around the
| mountains by a 6'4" bloke. Imagine the amount of pi** that was taken
out of
| him that week. The full story came out on the last night when it
emerged his
| wife had found it for him in a charity shop for £5. We all agreed we'd
have
| put in a fiver each for him *not* to wear it. He was presented with a
prize
| and a bunch of bananas by the ski-host as I recall.
|
| At least no-one crashed into the guy while he was out wearing the
thing,
| although the number of injuries sustained by people falling over from
| laughing reached a new resort record! I do regret not getting a photo.

Still, I reckon mine would have won a Liquorice Allsorts lookalike
competition hands down.....

Old August 31st 04, 07:45 AM
Walter Wright

"PG" wrote in message

Still, I reckon mine would have won a Liquorice Allsorts lookalike
competition hands down.....

Fair enough. But mine gets the Sherbet Lemon award. ;-)

Walter

Old August 31st 04, 06:21 PM
PG

"pete devlin" wrote in message
| In message , PG
| writes
| Were you in Val around that time Pete? A mate I was with was sure he
| heard your name mentioned when he was in Precision at the end of the
| season, buying some skis.
|
| I did the, now customary, last week of the season. Left on 3rd May I
| think. I was in precision a few times trying to barter a cheap pair of
| 185 pocket rockets. Bought some from a ski instructor in the end.

So were you in the crowd outside the Folie Douce when I took these
photos on May 1st?

http://bsm.alpesprovence.net/albumfoliedouce.htm

(Perhaps you were the guy in the kilt....)

Old August 31st 04, 07:20 PM
pete devlin

In message , PG
writes
So were you in the crowd outside the Folie Douce when I took these
photos on May 1st?

I _was_ in the crowd but at the periphery, watching the jumps with a
cold beer. The FD has been a bit of an anti climax on the last day for
the last couple of years; they used to get all the chicks on the roof
dancing naked and dish out free champagne. Maybe I'm getting too old to
put up with that music for long enough these days. I _did_ ski right
across the puddle at the bottom shortly after these were taken. Strange
feeling after battering down the slush, all smooth and serene like, and
then you hit the other side.

http://bsm.alpesprovence.net/albumfoliedouce.htm

(Perhaps you were the guy in the kilt....)

I saw him. Mad if you ask me, but I don't suppose it's any worse than
wearing one around Prague and Cyprus on rugby tours.

Old August 31st 04, 07:24 PM
Rob White

I've been tempted to post a photo of me the wife and kids the very 1st time
we were ever on skis 9 years ago - you'd all **** yourselves laughing. But
there's always that dreadful possibility somebody just might recognise me,
so you'll have to use your imagination. My eldest son is fortunate enough
to ski with the Army each year (Christmas in Val D'Isere on the taxpayer
cannot be bad) and he recognised somebody on the flourescentrompersuit
website, so there's no way I'm risking it.

Rob

Old August 31st 04, 08:14 PM
pete devlin

In message , PG
writes

So were you in the crowd outside the Folie Douce when I took these
photos on May 1st?

http://bsm.alpesprovence.net/albumfoliedouce.htm

(Perhaps you were the guy in the kilt....)

No but i am one of the people in last years photo's. Despite the
partying we were up for 1st lift every day. I have to have a few days
off when I get back!
http://homepages.nildram.co.uk/~devilman/
Old September 1st 04, 09:34 AM
Ace

On Fri, 27 Aug 2004 14:12:17 +0200, "PG"
wrote:

"Walter Wright" wrote in message

| "PG" wrote in message
|
| I was particularly impressed by this lady early May in Tignes....
| visibility was pretty poor at the time, but I was grateful for my
| goggles....
|
| Ha, that's almost tasteful compared to what a fellow chalet resident

Still, I reckon mine would have won a Liquorice Allsorts lookalike
competition hands down.....

Here's a couple of pics of a lady I skiied with last year, who I
suspect would beat an international all stars field...

http://compaqnet.ifrance.com/AceNet/DSCN4095.jpg
http://compaqnet.ifrance.com/AceNet/DSCN4093a.jpg

--
Ace (brucedotrogers a.t rochedotcom)

BC Cat and Heli skiing/boarding. Book or review site? toddjb North American Ski Resorts 4 April 6th 04 01:27 PM
Ski partner site Joe H. General 0 April 4th 04 09:43 PM
New Site - Check it out Jessica European Ski Resorts 1 February 3rd 04 01:31 PM
New site check it out Jessica Snowboarding 0 February 2nd 04 05:46 PM
New Site check it out Jessica Alpine Skiing 0 February 2nd 04 05:46 PM