Rosie's Run Open..oops thawed out

Old December 2nd 03, 02:38 PM
birkebeiner

Default Rosie's Run Open..oops thawed out

Rosie's Run opened saturday morning with all trails open, groomed and
in good shape..I had to roll the course using my Jeep..which worked
okay but the course will improve with the use of the 6 wheel
ATV....Frontrunner managed to get in 40km on Saturday and not sure how
many K on Sunday...The experimental Human showed up on sunday morning
and proceeded to test his ability to take vicious tumbles, crashes and
near misses as he worked his way around the course...Doctor Tom showed
up for one loop..took a spill and reinjured his already damaged
shoulder..so opening weekend was probably a forecast of what to
expect. Nice trails..a little challenging.. some nice hills, tight
corners.

50 degree weather Sunday afternoon eliminated almost all of the snow.
We still have short sections in the woods but nothing with any
length....

Snow is forecasted for thurs, fri and hopefully we will once again
have a weekend of skiing at Rosies Run.
This week I'll get out and smooth out the two downhill sections which
caused some people to be a little tentative.