Jenex advises V2 150 SC combi for long feet

Old September 4th 06, 05:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jan Gerrit Klok

Default Jenex advises V2 150 SC combi for long feet

Great info, thank you both!
Wow, duct tape...
I guess they use a cut sock or something under it, to prevent the stickyness
to hit the boot?

Really, my idea to use classic boots was to prevent myself from skating.
Your responses seem to confirm that that just might work. However, I now
realize I might also need shorter poles for that purpose.

I'll not likely use skow ferrules on the road, as I've never skied on snow
yet (that's just a big big dream for me).
I'll rollreski at home to train for the maybe one or 2 times a year I'll be
able to travel to the snow. When I'm there, time's too short to feel sorry
for myself that I'm so out of skiing shape. I'll want to try and comete in
XC or Winter triathlon, and not look stupid or worse : slow.

"Vladimir" schreef in bericht
oups.com...
I agree. The stiffer are the boots for skate rollerskis the better. I
made my salomon pro combi boots stiffer with scotch and duct tape
wrapped around the boot with many layers. They are not as good as skate
boots, but way better than the boots without the tape, which were
almost impossible to use with my jenex aero 150 SC. Some even use tape
with skate boots :
http://www.skisport.ru/photos/pictur...d=9083&page=10
http://www.skisport.ru/photos/pictur...d=9084&page=10
http://www.skisport.ru/photos/pictur...d=2281&page=96
And here :
http://www.skiroll.it/tecnica/tips/a...acchiPilot.htm
is one more method for stiffening the pilot bindings for rollerskis.

Old September 4th 06, 08:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Camilo

I wrote:

I dont doubt that Frode Anresen can skate circles around any of us with
classic boots - I recommend using classic boots for both legs of a
skiathlon if one has to make the choice between doing both legs in
classic or both legs in skate (just my personal peference, some like to
go the other way).

This is for snow skiing. I have absolutely no doubt that the advice
given - to use genuine skating boots for roller skate skiing - is spot
on.

Old September 5th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic

Dear Vladimir:

I understand the duct tape, but Scotch always makes me feel looser,
even if it's a stiff one. .. .

Sorry, couldn't resist.

Randy

Old September 25th 06, 01:00 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Norski

Any ideas why they are wrapping tape around skate boots for rollerskiing?
I've never seen people trying to stiffen their boots in the winter time.
Other than Alpine racers standing in a snow bank trying to get their boots
as stiff as possible for edge control.

Old September 27th 06, 08:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Vladimir

Norski пиÑ?ал(а):

Any ideas why they are wrapping tape around skate boots for rollerskiing?
I've never seen people trying to stiffen their boots in the winter time.
Other than Alpine racers standing in a snow bank trying to get their boots
as stiff as possible for edge control.

To stiffen the boots, as it was said. Why stiffen? Compare how wide is
the area of support for rollerskis and skis. For skis it is as wide as
the ski base, unless the trail is extremely icy *and* in push phase (in
most cases snow supports considerable part of the ski base even in push
phase, just look at the traces left by skis on skate track). For skate
rollerskis it is as wide as the wheel, so to keep balance you need way
better side control. The second reason for less stability on rollerskis
is the gap between the foot and the ground which is bigger than the gap
between the foot and the snow on skis. In fact, there is no reason for
boots used with rollerskis be softer than boots for rollerblades or ice
skate boots, because the support area and the height of the boot
against the ground are similar in all these cases unlike in skis and
ski boots case.