Who is still skiing?

Old March 25th 05, 02:48 PM
Darrel Newman

Great Website that shows how good the Gatineau Park snow is

http://web.doe.carleton.ca/~ngt/joann_ski/

"Darrel Newman" wrote in message
Gatineau Park is still in great shape today. In the afternoon the snow is
bit snow as it warms up. Sat I will ski earlier in the day to get more
speed on.

Today skied from P10 , Fortune Parkway, Burma (Trail # 3) over to Huron
Hut and returned via Khyber Pass & Ridge Road. Great spring skiing. The
parkways have about 8" of hard packed snow on them. So we should be out
there skiing for another week or so if the rain and temp cooperate.

Darrel

"Mike H." wrote in message
Gatineau Park is still in great shape. Skied from P10 to the
intersection
of Ridge Road and 24. The single small bare spot is at sunny Champagne
lookout. On the way down to P10, I was greeted by a grooming machine..

Old March 25th 05, 06:39 PM
Eddy Rapid

Just came back from a skate ski in the Gatineau Park (25 March.) Really good
conditions for skating and good for classic with klister. In fact, they'd
even done some grooming on the parkways last night. Went P5, Penguin, Ridge
Road to Champlain Lookout, down the Champlain Parkway, back to P5. From the
depth of snow and the weather forecast, my guess is that we have around one
week of good skiing left, and then it will start to get marginal but still
be skiable on the parkways for at least two weeks.

Parham.

Old March 25th 05, 07:45 PM
Rob Bradlee

Skied last night on the "Weston Glacier". The Weston ski track has
closed, but their patch of manmade snow endures high above the scenic
Charles River. We had an inch of fresh snow Wednesday night. I kicked
in a track and had a wonderful 10 minute loop of good skiing. Started
in perfect late afternoon sunshine and then continued under a rising
full moon. Very nice.

Rob Bradlee
Boston area

Old March 26th 05, 02:16 AM

Ken Roberts wrote:
Are you really suggesting that we're supposed to stop skiing before

May?

Ken
______________________________
Lars wrote
the last XC race of the season is at April 23rd.

We're still skiing big time here in northern Minnesota, USA. There is a
12-24" packed base on the trails with excellent spring time conditions.

See www.sugarbushtrail.org for a photo from 3/25/05 and the latest
conditions.

Greg Fangel
Tofte, MN and White Bear Lake, MN

Old March 27th 05, 12:31 AM
Gary Jacobson

Still skiing locally at 500-750 feet in the Gunks. Brilliant sun that
cooked the snow away for our return trip that we skied up two hours
earlier.
Tomorrow it's be at 1000 feet in the shaded areas.
Maybe next weekend at 1500 feet, but that's mostly exposed and the sun is
the culprit this time of year.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY- Road riding and gliding on the same day. Love it.
(Lovett?[a pum for old timer USA skiers]

Old March 27th 05, 02:16 AM
Mark Drela

Bretton Woods had super conditions today.
It was really fast at 8:30AM, and stayed
that way all morning. The sunny low trails
got a bit sticky around noon, but everything
else was still fast when I left at 1PM.

Tomorrow should be similar I suspect.

Old March 27th 05, 04:31 AM
Gene Goldenfeld

Spirit Mtn several miles south of Duluth, did hold and not get too soft
for productive skating until after 1:30 or so. They have very decent
trails. Got in 4 hrs in a 5 hr period for my last day of the season,
including an hour of no wax classical. My old RCS double crowns, circa
1996, had suprisingly good glide in the soft but not really mushy
tracks.

Gene

Gene Goldenfeld wrote:

Still going strong up in Duluth and up the north shore. My gosh, is
Sugarbush fun, esp. the 25k Picnic loop (+ another 5 to/fro) and the
ungroomed Onion River Road extension which is a gradual climb out. I'm
hoping Spirit Mtn holds until the weekend.

Gene

"Bjorn A. Payne Diaz" wrote:

Eddie Luban wrote:
There's still plenty of snow in Central New York and the Tug Hill
area. The real skiers are still out there, though some who call
themselves that have already turned to cycling.

Last Friday, we got our largest snow storm for the season (4-5 inches),
so I was able to ski locally on Sat and then drove to Elm Creek to ski
on artificial snow on Sun. The local natural snow had turned to rutted
ice by Sun morn, and 30 min north at Elm Creek, they didn't get snow.

Even though Elm Creek was groomed well and the snow was in good shape,
it was just painful to ski there. I've seen the place too much. The Sat
ski on ungroomed snow was much more enjoyable.

Jay Wenner

Old March 28th 05, 01:15 AM
sam

Still plenty of skiing to be had in Vermont.

There is at least 3 feet of snow at Hazens Notch.

Old March 28th 05, 10:09 PM
Lars

I said I was too early with this posting :-) let's do it over again in
mid April.
I really liked the weather conditions photoshot in Gatineau Park:
http://web.doe.carleton.ca/~ngt/joann_ski/
Is sugarbush one of the best/long lasting snow condition places is MN?
http://www.sugarbushtrail.org/ or is it Maple
My local resort is here. http://www.aalsheia.no/webcam/aalsheia.jpg
Now let's cross fingers and hope for a long ski season...

(Now, why do I get all my email in return from ? It
worked a few months ago. I'm at the one I used last year and not
@hsr.no)

Old March 29th 05, 01:55 AM
Mark

Lars wrote:
ah, every year a posting with this title comes. A bit early now....
BUT according to http://www.fis-ski.com/ the last XC race of the
season is at April 23rd.
http://www.fis-ski.com/uk/604/1228.h..._suchsector=CC

I'M THERE! are you?

I skied yesterday at Duchesnay, near Québec City. My first time with
Klister too (previously I was on "waxless") ! Lots of snow still and
nicely groomed empty tracks, but with rain all this week that should
soon be gone.

Tai Chi Skiing yunlong Alpine Skiing 8 December 17th 04 04:50 PM
Masters Skiing Camps Nordic Skiing Instruction Nordic Skiing 0 November 1st 04 01:47 PM
RFC - The Nordic Skiing Project the Nordic Skiing Project Nordic Skiing 2 September 24th 04 05:50 PM
Near fatal ski incident Me Nordic Skiing 22 February 27th 04 02:47 PM
Skiing in Utah BRL Nordic Skiing 5 November 25th 03 07:43 PM