Elan X-Carve SR opinions?

Old December 20th 04, 04:22 PM
Ed Swierk

Default Elan X-Carve SR opinions?

A sale on Overstock.com caught my eye: a pair Elan X-Carve SR skis with
bindings for $165.01 (plus $2.95 shipping).[1]

I can't find much information about these skis online. Does anyone have
any information or opinions about them? Should I be worried that the
details about the skis and bindings are so sketchy?

I can ski groomed diamonds reasonably well, ungroomed not so well, and in
the trees horribly. Usually I rent 170 cm shaped skis about 6 days a
year, and I don't think I'm a good enough skier to detect differences
among the many I've rented over the years.

[1] http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....ROD_ID=1047052

--Ed

--
Ed Swierk

Old December 20th 04, 05:00 PM
The Real Bev

Ed Swierk wrote:

A sale on Overstock.com caught my eye: a pair Elan X-Carve SR skis with
bindings for $165.01 (plus $2.95 shipping).[1]

That was a "saving" of $165.01. The price is $199.99.

--
Cheers,
Bev

Old December 20th 04, 05:02 PM
Monique Y. Mudama

On 2004-12-20, Ed Swierk penned:
A sale on Overstock.com caught my eye: a pair Elan X-Carve SR skis with
bindings for $165.01 (plus $2.95 shipping).[1]

I know nothing about the skis. I'm not that picky about skis, but I'm very
picky about bindings. My knees are bad as it is, and I want to give them the
best technology I can. And that's why your deal worries me. The price of
skis plus bindings is easily the cost of a good pair of bindings.

It still might be a good deal, but if I were you, I'd make sure the bindings
were up to snuff.

--
monique
Longmont, CO

Old December 21st 04, 07:53 AM
Ed Swierk

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004, Monique Y. Mudama wrote:

It still might be a good deal, but if I were you, I'd make sure the bindings
were up to snuff.

I notice upon more careful reading of the ad that the bindings are Tyrolia
SL110 ABS. Granted, it's been a while since I shopped for skis, but I had
no idea bindings were equipped with antilock brakes ;-)

A Google search for Tyrolia SL110 indicates that some people consider them
decent enough to use for themselves.

--Ed

--
Ed Swierk

Old December 23rd 04, 01:13 AM

The Real Bev wrote:
Ed Swierk wrote:

A sale on Overstock.com caught my eye: a pair Elan X-Carve SR skis

with
bindings for $165.01 (plus $2.95 shipping).[1]

That was a "saving" of $165.01. The price is $199.99.

--
Cheers,
Bev
The beatings will continue until morale improves

Actually they're discounted. There is a special from dealcatcher.com:

http://www.overstock.com/cgi-bin/d2....R4ew&cid=60604

159.99 for skis & bindings

If the above linkk doesn't work try this one:

http://forums.dealcatcher.com/m_2919.../tm.htm#291903

I just got mine in, and they seem very nice. Took them out yesterday
and they rode a lot better than the rentals i had been getting for
years

ELAN Bruno Scap Snowboarding 1 February 13th 04 01:47 AM
Anyone with ELAN snowboard? Davorinho Snowboarding 4 November 17th 03 03:42 AM
Elan Fusion S12 vs Elan S-Series S12 [email protected] Alpine Skiing 0 September 22nd 03 04:10 PM
last season's elan integra 6.0 skis? Monique Y. Herman Alpine Skiing (moderated) 4 August 18th 03 02:55 PM
Elan integra 8.0 Firebird Alpine Skiing 0 August 10th 03 11:19 AM