Serious reviews/discussion of Day Touring gear?

Old January 14th 08, 10:30 AM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

Default Now: RSN is a civilized NG Was: Serious reviews/discussion of Day Touring gear?

On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:59:57 -0600, wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

I think pointing our errors has value in itself. It's a
fundamental disagreement about the nature of public discussion.

No it's not.

Cool - you play contrary when you want. I'm fine with that. I thought
you weren't.

Old January 15th 08, 12:43 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
Jeff Potter (of OutYourBackdoor.com)

On Jan 14, 12:02 pm, Doug Taylor wrote:
On Mon, 14 Jan 2008 06:30:43 -0500, John Forrest Tomlinson

wrote:
On Sun, 13 Jan 2008 22:59:57 -0600, wrote:

John Forrest Tomlinson wrote:

I think pointing our errors has value in itself. It's a
fundamental disagreement about the nature of public discussion.

No it's not.

Cool - you play contrary when you want. I'm fine with that. I thought
you weren't.

Ouch! You missed a big fat softball, JFT.

I'm chalking this whole thread (and the previous one) to the effects
of global warming on northeastern weather right now: it's too warm to
ski and too cold to ride a bike.

We're all cranky.

No I'm not!
Old January 15th 08, 01:58 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
EAJ

It would appear that each participant's argument is a connected series
of statements intended to establish that the other participant is a
jerk. Each new salvo has a reflexive quality, in several senses of the
word.

Seriously though, whether or not there is merit to the debate from a
truth/justice/beauty standpoint, it's definitely not on topic for this
group. Netiquette, such as it is, would demand this be taken offline
or to a different forum.

Old January 15th 08, 11:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.nordic
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Tue, 15 Jan 2008 06:58:09 -0800 (PST), EAJ
wrote:

Seriously though, whether or not there is merit to the debate from a
truth/justice/beauty standpoint, it's definitely not on topic for this
group. Netiquette, such as it is, would demand this be taken offline
or to a different forum.

I assume you recognize the irony of your post