Ski School in Val d'Isere

Old September 9th 03, 07:32 PM
Rob White

Default Ski School in Val d'Isere

I gave up buying passes through the tour operator a few years ago when I
realised the bloody huge mark up they were making, but thanks for the tip.
I've lost the Jan 2003 lift tickets but have found three from Christmas 2001
so I'll give them a go. I now check the website prices before buying
tickets. You might possibly remember that I posted a comment a couple of
years when we went with 1st Choice(never again!!!), who charged so much that
I could have bought 5 passes in resort for what I paid them for 4.

Rob
"David Off" wrote in message
Rob White wrote:
Thanks- I'll check them out
Rob

Talking of Val d'Isere / Espace Killy, if you have visited in the last
couple of years you can get a discount on your current lift pass of up
to 10%. Even if you haven't you can order your lift pass directly from
the lift company and get it delivered to your accomodation for the time
you arrive. Bye, bye tour operator :-).

David

Old September 9th 03, 07:34 PM
Bill Seddon

"David Off" wrote in message
Rob White wrote:
Thanks- I'll check them out
Rob

Talking of Val d'Isere / Espace Killy, if you have visited in the last
couple of years you can get a discount on your current lift pass of up
to 10%. Even if you haven't you can order your lift pass directly from
the lift company and get it delivered to your accomodation for the time
you arrive. Bye, bye tour operator :-).

David

Just to put the other side of the story, I went with Mark Warner to Val a
couple of years ago, and they applied all discounts from previous passes
for you and bought all tickets at advertised prices, all delivered to room
before breakfast on first day. Saves the queue and I was on the bus armed
with printout of prices ready to argue, but couldn't :-(

Bill

Old September 16th 03, 04:33 PM
Rob White

Thanks for the info - I've looked a website or two, with prices of about
140e for 5 lessons of 1/2 day each. That's the thick end of £100 which
seems alot - or am I just out of touch?

Rob
"Jon" wrote in message
.. .

"Rob White" wrote in message
We're going to Val for Christmas - staying at La Daile. My son is

bringing
his girlfriend for her 1st ever weeks skiing. Can anybody recommend a
decent ski school? Thought I should book her in fairly soon to make

sure
she is not left with a crappy instructor who speaks lousy English.

Rob

I had some private lessons (booked through Snow Fun, who have separate
English and French Ski Schools in Val D'Isere) with a guy called Laurent
Bastien, who is married to the Aussie lady who does the bookings at Snow
Fun's English Ski School. He coped extremely well with three of us - all

at
completely different levels of ability.

I've also heard that Top Ski come highly recommended.

HTH

Old September 16th 03, 06:47 PM
Edward Fryer

"Jon" wrote in message
.. .

"Rob White" wrote in message
We're going to Val for Christmas - staying at La Daile. My son is

bringing
his girlfriend for her 1st ever weeks skiing. Can anybody recommend a
decent ski school? Thought I should book her in fairly soon to make

sure
she is not left with a crappy instructor who speaks lousy English.

Rob

I've had very good experiences with Mountain Masters: some French qualified,
but native English speaking instructors.
Details of their instructors on their website.

http://www.mountain-masters.com/about/news.htm

No connection, just a very satisfied customer. Heartily recommended.

-Ed

Family Skiing - three months - with school teacher - non commercial venture alan General 0 July 25th 04 10:56 AM
SNOWBOARD SCHOOL IN TIGNES Andy Snowboarding 2 November 19th 03 06:49 PM
Val d'Isere boombam Snowboarding 0 November 17th 03 01:15 PM
European school holidays 2004 paul European Ski Resorts 1 July 29th 03 09:41 AM