Trying to decide St. Anton, Lech, Stuben - Austria

Old September 8th 03, 05:37 AM
Ralf Langanke

Default Trying to decide St. Anton, Lech, Stuben - Austria

Turan Fettahoglu wrote:

We (me and girlfriend) are planning our first ski trip to Europe for
late January to the Arlberg and we are trying to choose between St. Anton,
Lech, and Stuben. What would you choose ?

None of these, they are considered as expensive and not for people who just
sleep at night.

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense.

--
Ralf Langanke

http://www.slanganke.de

Old September 8th 03, 07:44 AM
Ian Spare

On 08/09/2003 07:37, in article , "Ralf
Langanke" wrote:

Turan Fettahoglu wrote:

We (me and girlfriend) are planning our first ski trip to Europe for
late January to the Arlberg and we are trying to choose between St. Anton,
Lech, and Stuben. What would you choose ?

None of these, they are considered as expensive and not for people who just
sleep at night.

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense.

Agreed. I do like the Pitztal but I'd hardly compare it to the Lech or St
Anton.

Old September 9th 03, 05:44 AM
Ralf Langanke

Langanke" wrote:

Turan Fettahoglu wrote:

We (me and girlfriend) are planning our first ski trip to Europe for
late January to the Arlberg and we are trying to choose between St. Anton,
Lech, and Stuben. What would you choose ?

None of these, they are considered as expensive and not for people who just
sleep at night.

Sorry, but that is complete nonsense.

Agreed. I do like the Pitztal but I'd hardly compare it to the Lech or St
Anton.

Which austrian resort can compare it to the Arlberg skiing area? Not
many i think. I've been to a lot of austrian resorts and i've never
thought that lech is more expensive than any other austrian resort.

If you think Lech is expensive you have never been to a french resort :-)

--
Ralf Langanke

http://www.slanganke.de

Old September 9th 03, 06:36 AM
Ralf Langanke

Ian Spare wrote:

For the record I didn't say it was expensive either, in fact, I said the
reverse :-)

You're right, Turan Fettahoglu said that ;-)

--
Ralf Langanke

http://www.slanganke.de

Old September 9th 03, 08:55 PM
Paul Richardson

Your level of skiing ability would have a bearing on your decision -
St Anton itself has generally steeper terrain than Lech/Zurs, and is
more suitable for those with more expertise. Lech/Zurs is probably a
little more varied, but they are all fairly easily accessible from
each other anyway. The frequency of the buses could be improved
though!

Paul
Leigh
Lancs