Donek Phoenix

Old March 4th 05, 05:33 PM

Default Donek Phoenix

I had a Phoenix 155 as a demo over the weekend of 2/18 while I was in
Utah and I wanted to say what a nice board - that is not meant as damn
faint praise. I've been riding for four years. My technique sucks so I
think I am at best an advanced novice, riding blues with trepidation.

The Phoenix was easy to turn, regardless of speed (Not that I was going
that fast), held an edge, and generally was just a lot of fun to ride.
I rode with more confidence and less skidding. I was at Powder Mountain
during a storm and at Snowbird the day after and the board floated my
195lbs.

The Phoenix is a lighter board than the Wide I demoed earlier in the
season. I definitely noticed the lighter weight on the lifts as the day
worn on. Because I screwed around with my stance and angles, adding too
many variables - stupid mistake - I don't want to comment on the Wide
other than the Wide felt more stable riding flat than the Phoenix. That
is probably more about my technique than the board.

I bit the bullet and ordered a Phoenix for next season.

Old March 4th 05, 08:07 PM

Because of my inexperience I can't say the board didn't washout when I
thought it was doing fine. When I ordered the board I asked if I should
go up a size. Since I haven't heard back I assume my weight on a 155 is
okay.

Have fun riding your son's board.

I didn't mention that it was always a pleasure talking to Sean or
Jennifer about the boards.