Trip report Bear Mt. - 12-7-10

Old December 8th 10, 12:21 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Trip report Bear Mt. - 12-7-10

Icy and cold. More later. I need a shower. And a beer.
Old December 8th 10, 12:37 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Dec 7, 5:21*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
Icy and cold. *More later. *I need a shower. *And a beer.

Maybe you should have gone back to Coronado High School and hoped I
would show up. Maybe lie to some people, get your jollies stalking
and defaming.
Old December 8th 10, 01:16 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 7, 5:21*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
Icy and cold. *More later. *I need a shower. *And a beer.

Shower done, and I now have an icy cold Noche Buena in front of me, so
here goes;

Left at 5AM, arrived about 7:20. Stopped for gas before heading up
the hill, but I should have waited - gas was cheaper in Big Bear that
in Loma Linda.

Sunny, cold and windless today. Locals said there had been 2 days of
rain that soaked the snow without melting much of it, then they
groomed the wet snow last night - and then it froze all the way to the
ground. The result was icy washboard, rivaling New England's finest.
I found the best conditions were where a lot of snowboards had already
gone down, grinding the top surface into loose granular (note to
snowboard haters - they do have a useful function). However, the
boarders stayed away from the more interesting open runs, Exhibition
and Showtime, so they stayed icy all day.

After a couple of hours, I took the shuttle over to Snow Summit for a
few runs. Same conditions there - icy surface being ground in places
into loose granular.

I shuttled back, made a few more runs, and then left about 2 PM when
my feet started cramping from fighting the ice.

No Coronado run tonight, just straight home - 132 miles. Poway plays
in the Coronado Tournament Final tomorrow at 6:30 PM, and my wife has
given me permission to skip her group's non=holiday party.
Old December 8th 10, 01:23 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier

On 12/07/2010 09:16 PM, Richard Henry wrote:
On Dec 7, 5:21 pm, Richard wrote:
[...]

Better than that at Killington last Friday after the rain.

Guns started up as soon as cold enough and were used to
resurface frozen surface. I found a few mounds of muck
one of which caught me and enforced an over-the-handlebars
type of roll. But up higher it was OK. I'm probably going
to resample conditions tomorrow. I'll let you know.

Mountains north of here got as much as 18" of blower which
will be all blown off by tomorrow. Maybe the woods will
begin to get good.

Killington got about 6" of the light stuff. A buddy said it
was good today. We'll see how tomorrow is. They should
be blowing lots of snow and opening up more terrain with
Skye Peak open by the weekend. Maybe tomorrow if I'm lucky.
Old December 8th 10, 03:51 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Tue, 7 Dec 2010 17:21:32 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

Icy and cold. More later. I need a shower. And a beer.

I hope it's not in that order.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.
Old December 8th 10, 04:50 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Dec 7, 6:16*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

Don't you just love stalking? Passive agressive and deniable, as
usual. Your style. Utterly nutless. You really fight like a bitch,
Henry.
Old December 8th 10, 03:34 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 7, 8:05*pm, The Real Bev wrote:

I try to buy Costco gas whenever possible.

We have Conoco stations that sell real gas, no ethonol. A few cents
more per gallon. Higher mileage and better for the engine makes up for
it. I also use it in my lawn mower, string trimmer, chain saw, that
kind of stuff. Much better for them and for mixing with 2 stoke oil.
Old December 8th 10, 04:30 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Dec 8, 8:34*am, pigo wrote:
On Dec 7, 8:05*pm, The Real Bev wrote:

I try to buy Costco gas whenever possible.

We have Conoco stations that sell real gas, no ethonol. A few cents
more per gallon. Higher mileage and better for the engine makes up for
it. I also use it in my lawn mower, string trimmer, chain saw, that
kind of stuff. Much better for them and for mixing with 2 stoke oil.

How does the Conoco fuel meet the osygenate requirement without
ethanol? MTBE?
Old December 8th 10, 04:54 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

On Dec 8, 10:30*am, Richard Henry wrote:

How does the Conoco fuel meet the osygenate requirement without
ethanol? *MTBE?

I don't know. I know that they advertise it as "no ethenol" 100%
gasoline, and that's why I buy it. I do know that ethenol is bad for
the seals and stuff. It's also hard on an engine especially in high
temps. It gets hot in Southern Utah. I get better mileage too. About
20%. But at 10 mpg I'll take it!!!!!!
Old December 8th 10, 05:01 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Wed, 8 Dec 2010 09:30:10 -0800 (PST), Richard Henry
wrote this crap:

We have Conoco stations that sell real gas, no ethonol. A few cents
more per gallon. Higher mileage and better for the engine makes up for
it. I also use it in my lawn mower, string trimmer, chain saw, that
kind of stuff. Much better for them and for mixing with 2 stoke oil.

How does the Conoco fuel meet the osygenate requirement without
ethanol? MTBE?

You slip the right people an envelope and you can get away with
anything.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Merry Christmas everyone. God bless us all.

Big Bear trip report 1-24-10 Richard Henry Alpine Skiing 12 February 2nd 10 03:16 AM
EOY Trip Report helibrdr Alpine Skiing 0 April 25th 08 02:18 PM
Great Bear Chase Report BeeCharmer Nordic Skiing 1 March 8th 04 05:37 PM
Ischgl trip report hhh European Ski Resorts 6 February 16th 04 04:21 PM