Ski Flex and Weight Loss

Old February 3rd 05, 11:56 AM
Daniel Vargo

Default Ski Flex and Weight Loss

After several years of being at middle age weight (approx 195 lbs.), I
have made a serious effort this year to get back to my college racing
weight (180 lbs.) I have succeeded, but now I have a different
problem. Over the past several years I have purchased skis that are
flexed for 195-200 lbs. My classic skis are not really an issue, as I
have checked the wax pocket and it is only a bit further forward and I
have to wax just a bit thicker. My concern is with my skating skis.
Early in the season we had mostly soft snow and the skis seemed to
handle normally. However, with our typical January snow drought, we now
have hard packed conditions and both my pairs of skating skis feel very
squirrally. Both pair flex at about 230 lbs. They are older Fischers,
one pair from 1998, the other from 2001. They are still in good shape
(lots of love and attention to the bases). Outside of carrying a
weighted backpack or gaining the weight back, is there anything that
can be done to correct this behavior. The bases are flat (checked with
a true bar), so I don't think it is a rounded base issue. Any
suggestions would be much appreciated.

Dan Vargo
SLC, UT
Old February 3rd 05, 03:25 PM
sknyski

There was a post about this a year ago or so - do a search for it. I
suggested drinking more beer, but I think that others had more useful
suggestions.

Bryant

Old February 3rd 05, 07:23 PM
FITZGERALD

Buy new skis.
Fitzgerald
oups.com...

Old February 3rd 05, 10:55 PM
K&KA J.

Congratulations on your weight loss and new level of fitness.

Rather than drinking beer and witnessing the return of a beer belly, just
carry a few cans of beer that you can hand out to your competitors at the
end of the race!! Your old skis will still be perfect, and you'll make lots
of new friends.

Sorry, I can't really help. Bit jealous about your weight loss...

Good luck!

"Daniel Vargo" wrote in message
. ..
[...]

Weight Loss and Classic Ski Fit Jack Riley Nordic Skiing 7 January 1st 15 04:24 PM
skate ski home flex test question .. help! Chris Crawford Nordic Skiing 6 February 26th 04 04:00 AM
Q: about ski flex (not really from lamer :) alexmal Nordic Skiing 9 December 2nd 03 11:26 AM
Ski Flex? Bob Creasote Nordic Skiing 12 August 26th 03 03:26 PM
Which weight training, or exercise, helps the muscles that flexes the legs? DJ Kim Alpine Skiing 9 August 21st 03 06:02 AM