Help! Need advice on best fit skis for me - first time skier but quick learner

Old September 15th 05, 02:24 AM
Walt

GeckoDisciple wrote:
I don't have fanatical resources. I work hard for my money. I just want
a good ski.

All the more reason to obtain a clue before plonking down your hard
earned money.

PS: you want *two* good skis. Preferably a matched pair.

HTH HAND.

--
// Walt
//

Old September 15th 05, 02:53 AM
GeckoDisciple

You didn't read mine earlier posts or you wouldn't be disrespecting me,
dick?

Old September 15th 05, 02:57 AM
Walt

GeckoDisciple wrote:

You didn't read mine earlier posts or you wouldn't be disrespecting me,
dick?

What is it they say about the eventual proximity of a person of
questionable wisdom and his finical resources?

--
// Walt
//

Old September 15th 05, 09:44 AM
bumpfreaq

Alright, sorry I misspelled financial. What I'm trying to say is this:
you've shown considerable wisdom up to a point.

You've decided to start skiing. Nice choice.

You've read up on gear. Good work.

You've sought out a forum where you can get the advice of lots of peeps
with lots of experience. Very wise.

You've decided to ignore the advice that you have received. Not so
wise.

It seems to me that you're on the precipise of illustrating the old
addage, "a fool and his money are soon separated."

Chris

Old September 16th 05, 04:35 AM
GeckoDisciple

Hey, look, I possess a degree in Finance, cheezwiz.

Old September 16th 05, 06:04 AM
Norm

"GeckoDisciple" wrote in message
ps.com...
Hey, look, I possess a degree in Finance, cheezwiz.

So do lots of people without a shred of common sense.

Hang out here for awhile. You'll discover ther are remarkably few topics on
which this group will speak with one voice. When they do, I would listen. It
could save you a lot of grief, not to mention money.

Old September 16th 05, 10:33 AM
bumpfreaq

Woohoooo! Cheezwiz! How did you know I'm a chef? Now that I've been
comically berated I feel like I really belong.

But you know, I am employed by a university. I interact with dolt
Doctors and genius janitors (and visa versa) every day. I am so not
impressed by a degree.

Bottom line is... welcome to skiing. I hope you enjoy yourself as much
as I do, there's so much fun and challenge to be had. You've gotten
lots of great advice, I hope you use it to your best advantage.

Chris