Jay T's Big Saturday Workout 3-20-04

Old March 20th 04, 04:42 PM
Jay Tegeder

Default Jay T's Big Saturday Workout 3-20-04

The Big Saturday workout for March 20th was a 2 hour road ride with
Steve Clancey and Tom and Lee Bengel. Steve-o was on his Waterford
Paramount, Lee rode his Orbea and Tom used his Miyata Titanium. I rode
my Redline cyclocross bike. Anyway, the wind was cranking out of the
west/northwest at 30+. We rode north out of Saint Paul into Shoreview
and Moundsview so we would have a nice tailwind on the way home. With
tons of dirt on the roads from winter snowplowing, we got sandblasted
a couple of times when we were in the open areas. Needless to say, the
ride home lived up to expectations. The temp was in the high 30sF. I
left the overboots home and wished I would have brought them along...
I'm sure the guys who bike alot on this newsgroup like J W, JFT and
Jacobson know what I mean.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT
Old March 20th 04, 06:19 PM
J999w

Do a couple of km for me ... I spent the morning hauling lumber for some new
workbenches ... waxing bench included !

John Wilke (jw)
Milwaukee
Old March 20th 04, 07:10 PM
Gary Jacobson

Yes, I do. I am using neoprene PI overshoes with a rubber toe cap. Feet get
sweaty but they sure are warm.
Cycled to work today over Mohonk on a retro-rain bike that I just built up.
It's suppose to be a junky bike with fenders, but it really isn't junky.
Yesterday skied at Minnewaska with fishscale waxless skis. Very tough.
Snowmobile groomed, no tracks but lots of ridges.-very uneaved surface.
So it was sort of walking. But the sun was out and there was snow. And
there's good snow today too to tour. Maybe later.

As bad as cold feet are, the "thing" I remember most being cold on a spring
bike ride was my male unit. I'll never forget that day. 13 miles of downhill
into the wind.
Leather chamoix short and a Terrnit ski suit didn't keep the cold out. Must
have been 15 years ago, but it's something I'll never forget. Ouch.

Gary Jacobson
Rosendale, NY

om...

Old March 20th 04, 10:53 PM
John Forrest Tomlinson

On Sat, 20 Mar 2004 20:10:36 GMT, "Gary Jacobson"
wrote:

As bad as cold feet are, the "thing" I remember most being cold on a spring
bike ride was my male unit. I'll never forget that day. 13 miles of downhill
into the wind.

I never get that on the bike but have gotten it skiing.

Anyway, today I did 3:15 skate skiing alone with temp in the 20sF and
it was great. Tomorrow it'll be a bike race in light rain with temp
in the low 40s and it'll be grim...

JFT

Old March 21st 04, 12:37 AM
32 degrees

My first real distance run of the year today... in prep for my May 29
marathon.
1 hour 30 min = 12 miles
And you were right Jay, it was windy...
JK