ski magazine????

Old May 18th 04, 04:37 AM
gr

Default ski magazine????

Did XC ski magazine go under? Or Pop Phot?
I suddenly got 2 issues of ski magazine, with a Feb 06 renewal date,
but haven't subscribed to it. I know someone else that had a travel mag
canceled and SKI was the closest thing they had to finish out the sub,
so maybe this is what happened?
gr
Old May 18th 04, 09:17 PM
Diva

I wish I knew. I ordered a subscription 2 months ago and still haven't
gotten anything but a back copy I also requested.

June

.. .

Old May 19th 04, 03:34 AM
gr

Diva wrote:

I wish I knew. I ordered a subscription 2 months ago and still haven't
gotten anything but a back copy I also requested.

June

"gr" wrote in message
.. .

Did XC ski magazine go under? Or Pop Phot?
I suddenly got 2 issues of ski magazine, with a Feb 06 renewal date,
but haven't subscribed to it. I know someone else that had a travel mag
canceled and SKI was the closest thing they had to finish out the sub,
so maybe this is what happened?
gr

when I first subscribed, it took at least 4 months before I got my first
copy, so they are kkind of slow.
gr
Old May 19th 04, 11:27 AM
Jay Tegeder

gr wrote in message ...
Did XC ski magazine go under?

It wouldn't surprise me if it did go under. Ski Trax has the limited
cross country skiing audience sewn up. The problem for Cross Country
Skier is past abuse by other editors/owners that turned their
subscription base towards Ski Trax. Ron Bergin, the new editor/owner
has addressed those problems and made the magazine a lot better. It
is/was still a work in progress. He couldn't/can't do more until the
subscription base increases. It's not good if we lose another cross
country skiing publication. That leaves Ski Trax and the Master Skier.
If Torbjorn Karlsen monitors this newsgroup, I wouldn't be surprised
if he starts something. He would probably focus more on racing and
training. I'd rather have something on the order of Velo News with
lots of race coverage, World Cup and domestic. I'm not sure if others
would want that though.

Jay Tegeder
"Stick around this sport long enough and you'll beat everyone at least
once!" JT

Old May 21st 04, 10:00 PM
Jay Tegeder

I just got an email from Ron Bergin, owner/publisher of Cross Country
Skier. He assured me that the magazine is still in business and that
the next issue will come out in November. He wasn't sure how the rumor
started that the magazine had gone under. Please continue to support
Cross Country Skier as we need all of the magazines on nordic skiing
that we can get.

Jay Tegeder
"Keep training, lycra never lies!" JT