EBERHARTER to race for one more season.

Old July 10th 03, 04:04 PM
lal_truckee

Default EBERHARTER to race for one more season.

Inger Skramstad Jørstad wrote:
The official news broke yesterday here in Scandinavia, but were absolutely
no surprise at all: Austrian ace Stephan Eberharter has finally decided to
race in the World Cup circus for one more (final?) season. He is now 34, I
think. So, we can all look forward to another season of tough competition
for the various WC trophies between Bode Miller, Didier Cuche, Eberharter,
and our own top guns Lasse Kjus and Kjetil Andre Aamodt, and surely also
several others. And what about the Herminator himself? Well, your guess is
as good as mine here. Anyway, with no international Championships in the
coming season, the WC will be extremely important for the racers to succeed
in, and the main focal point for the European winter sports media.

We need some new blood.
Some of these guys are as old as I am. Weeeellll, maybe not exactly as
old, if you're going to be a stickler and talk chronology. But it sure
seems like they're as old as I am ...

Old July 11th 03, 12:24 AM
Mary Malmros

My take on it? Eberharter's in it for one reason only: to prove
that he can beat Maier. Question is, can he? Yes if he doesn't
lose his nerve and get flustered, OR if Maier turns out to not be
made of solid titanium after all. But it's kind of sad IMO.
Eberharter could retire an undisputed winner; instead, he's got at
least two strong contenders who could deny him a respectable last
season.

--
Mary Malmros