Board Recommendations (and what's wrong with blaring Waylon Jennings)

Old January 20th 05, 10:54 AM
Champ

On Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:55:31 -0500, Waco Paco
wrote:

Champ wrote:

Sorry to trot out a fairly obvious recommendation, but the Burton
Custom 160 I used to have was easily the most versatile board I've
ridden. It just did everything so well. Why not look at a 160 or 164
(or whatever this years sizes are)?

The custom feels awesome, but I have to say that it doesn't last too
long. My friend had one and after about a season and a half, the board
became too noodly. He had a 158 i think of the 02-03 season. Plus Burton
only gives out 1 year warranty..... there are plenty of other brands
out there that can exceed it in that department.

I guess it depends how many days a season you get - you guys who live
near the mountains and manage 50~100 days in a season must get through
some equipment. I'm lucky if I get 20 days in a season, so I rarely
have problems with boards (or much else) wearing out.
--
Champ