Help us choose a DIY Snowboard Trip in Europe

Old April 12th 04, 07:09 PM
yonnermark

Default Help us choose a DIY Snowboard Trip in Europe

Here's what we need, if you can offer any advice that would be jolly good.

* in europe
* for 7-14 days
* cheap as possible
* suitable for intermediate riders wanting to push themselves a bit
* both long runs and half pipes etc
* cheap as possible
* nice challet on the slope (maybe?)

Anyway, you get the idea, we want lots of good stuff for not much money.
Preferably france

thanks for any responses
Mark
p.s. email doesn't work
Old April 14th 04, 08:05 AM
Johannes

On Tue, 13 Apr 2004 08:09:13 +0000 (UTC), Han Solo
wrote:

(yonnermark) wrote:

Here's what we need, if you can offer any advice that would be jolly
good.

* in europe
* for 7-14 days
* cheap as possible
* suitable for intermediate riders wanting to push themselves a bit
* both long runs and half pipes etc
* cheap as possible
* nice challet on the slope (maybe?)

You forgot to mention WHEN you want to go: at the moment, snow is not that
good anymore in Europe, so if you want to go now there would be different
areas to go than in winter.

I was at the Ester weekend 3 Days at Engelberg and stay at the
Jochpass Lodge.
In this 3 days i had always 20-40cm new snow. From Jochpass to
Jochstock was the condion always good also at the Titlis Glacier. Only
at the Lake and down to the Village was the snow firm or springsnow
till slushy.

Btw is slushy snow with the board great.

Johannes
Old April 14th 04, 08:31 AM
Johannes

Hi

On 12 Apr 2004 12:09:21 -0700, (yonnermark)
wrote:

Here's what we need, if you can offer any advice that would be jolly good.

* in europe
* for 7-14 days
* cheap as possible
* suitable for intermediate riders wanting to push themselves a bit
* both long runs and half pipes etc
* cheap as possible
* nice challet on the slope (maybe?)

Closing dates Switzerland
Andermatt: May 2 (
www.andermatt.ch)
Engstligen Alp Adelboden: May 2. (http://www.engstligenalp.ch/)
Engelberg: 5.23 (www.titlis.ch)
Jakobshorn Davos : 4.25 (http://www.jakobshorn.ch/)
Glacier des Diablerets : May 2 (http://www.glacier3000.ch/)
Corvatsch May 2 : (http://www.bergbahnenengadin.ch/)
Port du Soleil: 4.25 (http://www.portesdusoleil.com/ch/indexall.html)
Verbier: 4.25 (http://www.televerbier.ch/)
Zermatt: May 2.
Saas Fee: 4.25
Samnaun/Ischgl: May 2 (http://www.samnaun.ch/)

after May 2 is only Engelberg and Zermatt open

You should checkout the snow conditon at france. It seams to me there
are poor. Also at west Switzerland.
Central Switzerland to Davos to Vorarlberg(Austria) got enaugh snow.

Johannes
Old April 15th 04, 05:02 AM
Bazz

Until May 8 it's possible togo to Val Thorens. It's at 2300 m. So there will
be snow
"Johannes" schreef in bericht