Adventure Racing...Backyard Style!

Old April 30th 04, 08:44 PM
Jeff Potter

Default Adventure Racing...Backyard Style!

OK, HighTech Mike was trying to get me to do an Adventure Race with
him this spring---13 hrs of multisport action. Sounds like fun!

But I got to thinking maybe I know how we could have EVEN MORE fun.
....I'm going to be putting a big new porch on my house this
spring...so...maybe I should turn the project into a race!

I could have Mike and some fellow Team Geek guys and gals over (I mean
Team NSR) and we could dig the foundation with sharp, lightweight,
hightech shovels, and do all the sawing, nailing and drilling with
hand tools. It would take careful plan-following like in orienteering.
And putting the rafters and roof on would definitely be like doing a
ropes course. I'm sure they'd all be tired at the end. I could make
sure they had blisters and were muddy and scratched up, too. I'd even
let them pay me $100 entry fees! And if they finished under 13 hours
I'd declare them all to be winners! : ) Yeah!

I'd even throw an awards banquet for 'em. (Well, my wife would. With
tasty things from the garden.) We'd have homebrews and could hop into
our stylin' 15-foot kiddy pool to cool off. That's the ticket!

--JP

Backyard Olympian
Old May 4th 04, 02:15 PM
Chris Cline

--- telewhacker wrote:
(Jeff Potter) wrote in message

. com...
[...]

Tom Sawyer?

My thoughts exactly!! Except that I think that Jeff
puts Tom to shame-- I don't remember Tom charging his
friends to paint the fence, and he didn't have Becky
making lemonade and cookies for them!!
;- )

Chris