"Madman across the Water".

Old November 17th 03, 01:51 AM
Walt

Default "Madman across the Water".

pigo wrote:

"Inger Skramstad Jørstad" wrote

Arabs are not Europeans,they are Asians, or North Africans.
Many Arabs live in Europe, though...

Have you looked around Europe lately? The place is crawling with Arabs.

And you still have to include parts of the old USSR which has parts in Europe
(STALIN) and Turkey (Arab).

Are you saying that the Turks are Arabs? Or that Turkey is part of
Europe? Or what?

BTW, did you know that they [ob]ski in Turkey? see
http://www.goski.com/turkey.htm

AFAIK, the only Arab country with skiing is Morocco. Did you know
that Oukaimeden ski resort in Morocco has more lift served vertical
than Alta?

--
// - Walt
//

Old November 17th 03, 02:39 AM
ant

tm wrote:
"pigo" wrote:

And you still have to include parts of the old USSR which has parts
in Europe (STALIN) and Turkey (Arab).

huh?

Beat me to it.

Middle East and Central Asia are a bit tricky sometimes. Turkey joining the
EU compounds it, but the most confusing thing, Israel competing in
Eurovision!

ant

Old November 17th 03, 02:39 AM
ant

Walt wrote:
AFAIK, the only Arab country with skiing is Morocco. Did you know
that Oukaimeden ski resort in Morocco has more lift served vertical
than Alta?

What about Iran and Lebanon?

ant

Old November 17th 03, 02:41 AM
ant

Vern93 wrote:
Not to me a celebrity name dropper, but I was in Georgetown, Grand
Cayman last week and one of the shops had an 8x10 autographed photo of
Larry Storch on display. I dropped to my knee and bowed my headed.

Was he in F-Troop? Can't remember which one he was though...Corporal Agarn?
(dunno how to spell it, I could barely read when I used to watch it!).

ant

Old November 17th 03, 02:53 AM
Vern93

In article ,
"ant" wrote:

Vern93 wrote:
Not to me a celebrity name dropper, but I was in Georgetown, Grand
Cayman last week and one of the shops had an 8x10 autographed photo of
Larry Storch on display. I dropped to my knee and bowed my headed.

Was he in F-Troop? Can't remember which one he was though...Corporal Agarn?
(dunno how to spell it, I could barely read when I used to watch it!).

Who is Larry Storch!??! That like me asking, who is... ummmmm... well
if there was a really famous Australian....

Okay, there's the Crocodile Dundee, and ummm, the Crocodile Hunter, and
ummm, Rachel Hunter "The Crocodile Marrier" and Olivia Newton John.

Anyway, educate yourself: http://www.f-troop.net/larrys_page.htm

Dave
Old November 17th 03, 03:17 AM
AstroPax

On Mon, 17 Nov 2003 13:39:44 +1100, "ant"
wrote:

Walt wrote:
AFAIK, the only Arab country with skiing is Morocco. Did you know
that Oukaimeden ski resort in Morocco has more lift served vertical
than Alta?

What about Iran and Lebanon?

For crying out loud, and you foreigners are always ragging on
americans for supposedly not knowing geography and demography.

Clue time. Iran is not an Arab country. It's not even part of
Arabia.

Iran is Persia. The people of Iran are primarily Persians, not Arabs.

And the national language of Iran is Persian (Farsi), not Standard
Arabic.

Funny thing, all the Arabs I have ever met refer to the Persian Gulf
as the "Arabian Gulf". But of course, to Iranians, it's the "Persian
Gulf".

BTW, skiing in Iran:

http://www.skifed.ir/ski.asp

-Astro

Old November 17th 03, 03:34 AM
AstroPax

On Sun, 16 Nov 2003 20:51:20 -0500, Walt
wrote:

Did you know that Oukaimeden ski resort in Morocco
has more lift served vertical than Alta?

Really, that's not very impressive.

-Astro

Old November 17th 03, 04:18 AM
ant

wrote:

Walt wrote:
AFAIK, the only Arab country with skiing is Morocco. Did you know
that Oukaimeden ski resort in Morocco has more lift served vertical
than Alta?

What about Iran and Lebanon?

For crying out loud, and you foreigners are always ragging on
americans for supposedly not knowing geography and demography.

Clue time. Iran is not an Arab country. It's not even part of
Arabia.

And Morocco is?! ha ha ha!

ant

Old November 17th 03, 04:28 AM
The Real Bev

tm wrote:

Vern93 wrote:
"ant" wrote:
Vern93 wrote:

Not to me a celebrity name dropper, but I was in Georgetown, Grand
Cayman last week and one of the shops had an 8x10 autographed photo of
Larry Storch on display. I dropped to my knee and bowed my headed.

Was he in F-Troop? Can't remember which one he was though...Corporal Agarn?
(dunno how to spell it, I could barely read when I used to watch it!).

Who is Larry Storch!??! That like me asking, who is... ummmmm... well
if there was a really famous Australian....

Okay, there's the Crocodile Dundee, and ummm, the Crocodile Hunter, and
ummm, Rachel Hunter "The Crocodile Marrier" and Olivia Newton John.

Mel Gibson. Russell Crowe. Some big-name model maybe 10 years ago...

Don't forget that "The dingo ate my baby" person.

Was that an SNL or Second City sketch?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old November 17th 03, 04:31 AM
The Real Bev

tm wrote:

"ant" wrote:
tm wrote:
"pigo" wrote:

And you still have to include parts of the old USSR which has parts
in Europe (STALIN) and Turkey (Arab).

huh?

Beat me to it.

Middle East and Central Asia are a bit tricky sometimes. Turkey joining the
EU compounds it, but the most confusing thing, Israel competing in
Eurovision!

It's all Eurasia.

Except for Eastasia and, um, the other place...

Besides, if the Argentinians want to call it 'the pond' I think we
should let them. There are enough tyrants and dictators around that
nobody should be unwilling to share.

Hmmm. Has anybody considered the possibility that Saddam has assumed a
German name and moved to Buenos Aires?