Case Study: Scott Spittle Abraham

Old January 26th 18, 05:32 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Jay Pique[_2_]

Default Case Study: Scott Spittle Abraham

I'm working towards getting my PhD in Pysychology and several of my advisors have suggested I write my dissertation on the most famous "net kook" (their words) known to date - Scott Abraham. The problem I'm having is the breadth of material - I'm just not even sure where to start! My counselors and I spent 4 hours plus an extended lunch - and then dinner and drinks discussing this poor soul, and I'm still overwhelmed. Should I focus on Internet Addiction? Misogyny? Pathological/Compulsive Lying? Exrreme Narcissism? Substance Abuse (and related mental impairment) Repressed Homosexuality? Gluttony? Sloth? Envy? Rage? The list goes on and on....and on... Can anyone help me narrow this down a bit? The department is simply in awe at both the breadth AND depth of dysfunction displayed by this individual - they keep tossing around the term "extreme psychological projection", too, but then claim even *that* doesn't do it justice. Can the long-time participants here help me identify the major themes that seems to drive this person/psychopath? Maybe we can start with a list of his admitted disorders or something... There's just so much information, and he's just such a fascinating specimen. The allegations of rape and incest alone are worth a volume's worth of work...

He claims openly to have been a drinker, so maybe we start with:

1. Alcoholic

Thanks,
(Future) Doctor Pique
Old January 26th 18, 10:10 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
BrritSki[_5_]

On 26/01/2018 06:32, Jay Pique wrote:
I'm working towards getting my PhD in Pysychology and several of my advisors have suggested I write my dissertation on the most famous "net kook" (their words) known to date - Scott Abraham. The problem I'm having is the breadth of material - I'm just not even sure where to start! My counselors and I spent 4 hours plus an extended lunch - and then dinner and drinks discussing this poor soul, and I'm still overwhelmed. Should I focus on Internet Addiction? Misogyny? Pathological/Compulsive Lying? Exrreme Narcissism? Substance Abuse (and related mental impairment) Repressed Homosexuality? Gluttony? Sloth? Envy? Rage?

LOL You forgot Belief in Recovered Memories.

Old January 26th 18, 03:07 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 4:10:50 AM UTC-6, BrritSki wrote:
On 26/01/2018 06:32, Jay Pique wrote:
I'm working towards getting my PhD in Pysychology a

LOL You forgot Belief in Recovered Memories.

Could the Recovered Memories have been the same as Abraham's speculative fiction about being in the Navy SEALs in 'Nam?

Nothing more than a diversion into bad literature?

That would make more sense than what was described in the Recovered Memories.

But ... if the Recovered Memories were all untrue, all made up from the whole cloth, would that mean that Abraham would have to repay the good priests who've been supporting him for decades?

That would be SOOO Larry Nassar.

Eventually, everything starts to make sense.
Old January 26th 18, 03:41 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 01/25/2018 09:32 PM, Jay Pique wrote:
[...]

I suggest you use the concepts for which there is the most documented
evidence. I'd go with extreme narcissism -- the rest may follow as
sub-categories that express the major pathology. Given that he hates
everyone who disagrees with him, misogyny is just one category -- sort
of like calling somebody a fat pig not because you hate fat people but
because you can use the person's fatness as a weapon against him/her.

--
Cheers, Bev
"I would be most content if my children grew up to be the
Old January 26th 18, 04:11 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 9:42:00 AM UTC-6, The Real Bev wrote:

sort
of like calling somebody a fat pig not because you hate fat people but
because you can use the person's fatness as a weapon against him/her.

So that means that Jabba the Hutt would be the galaxy's most potent weapon of mass destruction, even more powerful than a Death Star.

And in the same vein, Abraham's arrogance, conceit, and stupidity would be the galaxy's most potent weapon of self-destruction, even more powerful than Jabba the Hutt's fat-ass flatulence.

When's Trump gonna push that big red button, or at least light a match?
Old January 26th 18, 05:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Eviel Dewar

On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 5:10:50 AM UTC-5, BrritSki wrote:
On 26/01/2018 06:32, Jay Pique wrote:
I'm working towards getting my PhD in Pysychology and several of my advisors have suggested I write my dissertation on the most famous "net kook" (their words) known to date - Scott Abraham. The problem I'm having is the breadth of material - I'm just not even sure where to start! My counselors and I spent 4 hours plus an extended lunch - and then dinner and drinks discussing this poor soul, and I'm still overwhelmed. Should I focus on Internet Addiction? Misogyny? Pathological/Compulsive Lying? Exrreme Narcissism? Substance Abuse (and related mental impairment) Repressed Homosexuality? Gluttony? Sloth? Envy? Rage?

LOL You forgot Belief in Recovered Memories.

Including grotesque incest fantasies.
Old January 26th 18, 05:37 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Eviel Dewar

On Friday, January 26, 2018 at 12:32:15 AM UTC-5, Jay Pique wrote:
[...]

Here is a picture of him as a young boy. He's the one on the left, but you probably knew that without me telling you. You can just see the malice shining in his eyes. A sociopath from the get-go.

http://www.menweb.org/graphics/scott2.gif