Indirect Big Bear weather report

Old March 21st 11, 11:09 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

Default Indirect Big Bear weather report

My son spent the weekend at Lake Arrowheadwith friends and was at Snow
Summit Sunday. He said the weather was cold, but no precip other than
a light dusting from the night before. The snow came last night -
over a foot in Arrowhead. They are staying an extra day because the
roads are in such bad shape.

Old March 22nd 11, 01:19 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 03/21/11 17:09, Richard Henry wrote:

My son spent the weekend at Lake Arrowhead with friends and was at Snow
Summit Sunday. He said the weather was cold, but no precip other than
a light dusting from the night before. The snow came last night -
over a foot in Arrowhead. They are staying an extra day because the
roads are in such bad shape.

They probably opened 38 this afternoon so the kids really had no choice
but to stay and ski until it was clear. Makes sense to me.

--
Cheers, Bev
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
Old March 22nd 11, 03:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Mar 21, 7:19*pm, The Real Bev wrote:
On 03/21/11 17:09, Richard Henry wrote:

My son spent the weekend at Lake Arrowhead with friends and was at Snow
Summit Sunday. *He said the weather was cold, but no precip other than
a light dusting from the night before. *The snow came last night -
over a foot in Arrowhead. *They are staying an extra day because the
roads are in such bad shape.

They probably opened 38 this afternoon so the kids really had no choice
but to stay and ski until it was clear. *Makes sense to me.

--
Cheers, Bev
/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/
You know how dumb the average person is?
Well, by definition, half are *even dumber*!

Update - they can't leave now because the power is out and they need
it to clean the house they borrowed. They have a fireplace for warmth
and leftover food to get through the night.
Old March 22nd 11, 04:59 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 03/21/11 21:09, Richard Henry wrote:

On Mar 21, 7:19 pm, The Real wrote:
On 03/21/11 17:09, Richard Henry wrote:

My son spent the weekend at Lake Arrowhead with friends and was at Snow
Summit Sunday. He said the weather was cold, but no precip other than
a light dusting from the night before. The snow came last night -
over a foot in Arrowhead. They are staying an extra day because the
roads are in such bad shape.

They probably opened 38 this afternoon so the kids really had no choice
but to stay and ski until it was clear. Makes sense to me.

Update - they can't leave now because the power is out and they need
it to clean the house they borrowed. They have a fireplace for warmth
and leftover food to get through the night.

SUCKERRRRRR!

Going tomorrow, weather permitting.

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxx
Old March 22nd 11, 07:55 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Mar 22, 10:59*am, The Real Bev wrote:
[...]

I should have one today but because of family matters I cannot until
Thursday or Friday.
Old March 22nd 11, 10:16 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Richard Henry

On Mar 22, 1:55*pm, Richard Henry wrote:
[...]

My son just called after he got home. Power was restored late last
night and the snow on the roads had melted away enough so that the
front way down 18 had no chain resteictions.
Old March 24th 11, 04:36 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
The Real Bev[_4_]

On 03/22/11 16:16, Richard Henry wrote:

On Mar 22, 1:55 pm, Richard wrote:
On Mar 22, 10:59 am, The Real wrote:
[...]

Reasonably good day today, and I gifted strangers with my spare $10
bounceback coupons. Mashed potatoes at 11:30, left at 12:30, and clouds
were just rolling in. Took a hand-held movie of the run on the far east
side and discovered that holding a camera in your hand destroys
sufficient concentration that you can easily find something to catch an
edge on. The sequence ends with a GAKKKKK and a 45-degree shot. The
camera turned itself off somehow, but is OK now.

--
Cheers, Bev
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx