The way things used to be...

Old March 12th 11, 11:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

Default The way things used to be...

On Mar 12, 3:01*pm, wrote:
On Sat, 12 Mar 2011 12:16:21 -0800 (PST), pigo
wrote this crap:

We skied uphill......both directions.

While smoking lady cigars?

We had to smoke corn cobs.
Old March 13th 11, 12:08 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

wrote this crap:

We skied uphill......both directions.

While smoking lady cigars?

We had to smoke corn cobs.

They had corn where you lived?

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

Old March 13th 11, 02:03 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
pigo[_2_]

wrote this crap:

We skied uphill......both directions.

While smoking lady cigars?

We had to smoke corn cobs.

They had corn where you lived?

No. The rich people just dumped their trash there.
Old March 13th 11, 02:48 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

wrote this crap:

We skied uphill......both directions.

While smoking lady cigars?

We had to smoke corn cobs.

They had corn where you lived?

No. The rich people just dumped their trash there.

Kewl. Dumpster Diver Bob Thompson.
Old March 14th 11, 02:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 14 Mar 2011 11:26:39 -0400, Walt
wrote this crap:

On 3/12/2011 2:02 PM, wrote:

Such luxury. We made our own skis.
We screwed old high top tennis
shoes to the skis, no bindings. We brought our own food because we
couldn't afford to pay for it, and they didn't sell hot food. Lifts
were all rope tows. The lodge was a shack with a fireplace, which was
built by the owners themselves in the off season. There was no bar,
everyone brought a bottle of booze and we shared.
It must be nice to have lived such a life of privilege.

You had materials to make skis?

We stole them.

You had old tennis shoes?

Pulled out of dumpsters.

You were allowed to bring food?

We speared arctic squirrels and skinned them with our teeth.

You had lifts and a lodge with a *fireplace*?

Lifts were rope tows made out of old clotheslines and pulled by mules.
The lodge was a shack. The fireplace was hand made. We started a
fire by rubbing sticks together.

Man, you were surely molly-coddled as a child.

We had to ski barefoot, walk up the hill, and go hungry. The closest
thing we had to a lodge with a fireplace was a charcoal drawing of a
doghouse and a written description of a candle - which was unfortunately
written in Swedish so we never got the vicarious pleasure of reading
about light and warmth as those things were unknown to us back then.

//Walt

We shared our liquor with the unfortunates such as yourself.

Vote for Palin-Brown in 2012. Repeal the nightmares.

This signature is now the ultimate
power in the universe
Old March 25th 11, 07:18 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Dave Cartman

In article ,
The Real Bev wrote:

//Walt

Sheer Looxury...

I love this meme so much!

Jesus, your family could afford memes? Rich *******s, weren't you?

Ahhhhh, that just washes over me and warms me from the inside.

I find I don't spend nearly as much time on RSA now that Facebook allows
me to keep up with and tease my friends without interruption.
Old March 25th 11, 10:26 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
twobuddha twobuddha is offline
Banned

On Mar 25, 1:18*pm, Dave Cartman wrote:
In article ,
*The Real Bev wrote:

*//Walt

Sheer Looxury...

I love this meme so much!

Jesus, your family could afford memes? *Rich *******s, weren't you?

Ahhhhh, that just washes over me and warms me from the inside.

I find I don't spend nearly as much time on RSA now that Facebook allows
me to keep up with and tease my friends without interruption.

I'm not surprised your friends don't interrupt your bull****. If they
called you on your lies, they wouldn't be your friends.