walking in Les Deux Alpes

Old February 6th 04, 10:37 PM
footman

Default walking in Les Deux Alpes

Hi

Is walking an option in this resort(instead of skiing),either cross country
skiing or just plain walking boots on and go?...travelling in 1 week

TIA

Laurence

Old February 7th 04, 08:10 AM
Clive Perry

"footman" wrote in message
Hi

Is walking an option in this resort(instead of skiing),either cross

country
skiing or just plain walking boots on and go?...travelling in 1 week

TIA

Laurence

I hope it's not the only option as I too will be travelling there next
Saturday ( 5.00am Gatwick yum yum!! )

The official Tourist Office distributed blurb does show images of snow
shoeing and has details Cross Country skiing. It also advertises something
called Ski Joering and Donkey Rides - it's amazing what's legal in France
but I guess you would want to get there early and pick a pretty one ;^)

Have you had a look at
http://www.2alpes.com/winter/uk/site.../news/news.php as there may
be information there that will help.

Cheers

Clive

Old February 7th 04, 04:35 PM
PG

"Clive Perry" wrote in message

| "footman" wrote in message
| Hi
|
| Is walking an option in this resort(instead of skiing),either cross
| country
| skiing or just plain walking boots on and go?...travelling in 1 week
|
| TIA
|
| Laurence
|
| I hope it's not the only option as I too will be travelling there next
| Saturday ( 5.00am Gatwick yum yum!! )
|
| The official Tourist Office distributed blurb does show images of snow
| shoeing and has details Cross Country skiing. It also advertises
something
| called Ski Joering and Donkey Rides - it's amazing what's legal in
France
| but I guess you would want to get there early and pick a pretty one
;^)

| Have you had a look at
| http://www.2alpes.com/winter/uk/site.../news/news.php as
there may
| be information there that will help.

(Ski joering is basically putting on your skis, harnessing yourself to a
horse, and off you go. An all-year-round sport, same principle, but
using grass skis. Great fun.)

There's a enjoyable walk from the village end of 2 Alpes down to the
picturesque village of Venosc... most people walk down and get the
gondola back to 2 Alpes, but if you think you're fit, try it in both
directions... it's a fair climb back up, about 2200 feet vertical. Well
marked route, but have only done it in the summer and autumn, no idea
what conditions are like in Feb.

Pete
www.skiclublesarcs.com