Earthquake!

Old June 15th 04, 10:33 PM
Richard Henry

Default Earthquake!

Bev, did you feel that one?

Significant shaking here in San Diego abou 3 minutes ago. Nothing about it
on the the USGS earthquake site yet.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Old June 15th 04, 10:36 PM
Richard Henry

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
Bev, did you feel that one?

Significant shaking here in San Diego abou 3 minutes ago. Nothing about

it
on the the USGS earthquake site yet.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Now it's reported as 4.7 near Edwards AFB in the desert.

Felt closer.

And bigger.

Old June 15th 04, 11:02 PM
lal_truckee

Richard Henry wrote:
Bev, did you feel that one?

Significant shaking here in San Diego abou 3 minutes ago. Nothing about it
on the the USGS earthquake site yet.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

You should be OK. Gaia is saving the big one to coincide with the
universal SoCal fire scheduled for this fall.

Had a small quake north of Truckee Saturday - didn't even feel it. But
you'd be surprised by how many people live around here who don't know
Lake Tahoe is the result of an earthquake subsidence zone...
Old June 15th 04, 11:14 PM
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

Bev, did you feel that one?

Significant shaking here in San Diego abou 3 minutes ago. Nothing about it
on the the USGS earthquake site yet.

Nope. I don't think I feel anything less than a 4.5, if that.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 15th 04, 11:16 PM
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
Bev, did you feel that one?

Significant shaking here in San Diego abou 3 minutes ago. Nothing about

it
on the the USGS earthquake site yet.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Now it's reported as 4.7 near Edwards AFB in the desert.

Felt closer.

And bigger.

Hmph. So I guess I don't feel anything less than 5.0 :-( Oh ****,
let's just say 6.0... If nothing falls down, it wasn't an earthquake.

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 15th 04, 11:21 PM
Richard Henry

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
Bev, did you feel that one?

Significant shaking here in San Diego abou 3 minutes ago. Nothing about

it
on the the USGS earthquake site yet.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Now it's reported as 4.7 near Edwards AFB in the desert.

Felt closer.

And bigger.

Now USGS has corrected the estimate: 5.2 off northern Baja. Closer and
bigger.

Old June 15th 04, 11:24 PM
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

"Richard Henry" wrote in message

Bev, did you feel that one?

Significant shaking here in San Diego abou 3 minutes ago. Nothing about
it on the the USGS earthquake site yet.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Now it's reported as 4.7 near Edwards AFB in the desert.

Huh? I see a 5.1 56 miles SW of Imperial Beach at 3:28 today. (You did
mail in your estimated tax payment, didn't you?) Where is Imperial
Beach?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 15th 04, 11:25 PM
The Real Bev

Richard Henry wrote:

"Richard Henry" wrote in message

"Richard Henry" wrote in message
Bev, did you feel that one?

Significant shaking here in San Diego abou 3 minutes ago. Nothing about

it
on the the USGS earthquake site yet.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Now it's reported as 4.7 near Edwards AFB in the desert.

Felt closer.

And bigger.

Now USGS has corrected the estimate: 5.2 off northern Baja. Closer and
bigger.

Is that the same as Imperial Beach? Jeez, and these are the people
we're expected to believe when they tell us there's going to be a quake
before September 5?

--
Cheers,
Bev
Old June 15th 04, 11:30 PM
Richard Henry

"The Real Bev" wrote in message
Richard Henry wrote:

"Richard Henry" wrote in message

Bev, did you feel that one?

Significant shaking here in San Diego abou 3 minutes ago. Nothing

about
it on the the USGS earthquake site yet.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

Now it's reported as 4.7 near Edwards AFB in the desert.

Huh? I see a 5.1 56 miles SW of Imperial Beach at 3:28 today. (You did
mail in your estimated tax payment, didn't you?) Where is Imperial
Beach?

Down in the lower left corner. It is the southwesternmost city in the
continental USA.

Old June 15th 04, 11:44 PM
Richard Henry

"lal_truckee" wrote in message
Richard Henry wrote:
Bev, did you feel that one?

Significant shaking here in San Diego abou 3 minutes ago. Nothing about

it
on the the USGS earthquake site yet.

http://quake.wr.usgs.gov/recenteqs/

You should be OK. Gaia is saving the big one to coincide with the
universal SoCal fire scheduled for this fall.

There's not much brush left to burn around here. I guess a big fire could
come down directly from the north, but it would have to burn through about
two miles of urban neighborhoods to get to our house from that direction.

The rats that moved through the neighborhood after the fire seem to have
moved on (or been eaten by cats, like the kitty that spent a few nights in
our garage and left a rat-head on the floor one morning as payment for
feeding him). I have heard owls recently on quiet nights, so I put an
owl-nest box up in the eaves on the quieter, cooler side of the house. I
guess I should go check to see if it shook down.