Boycott Killington !!!!

Old December 18th 03, 11:31 AM
Juan KoolDude

Default Boycott Killington !!!!

New ticket prices $72 on holidays, nuff said.
Old December 18th 03, 12:29 PM
Dave Stallard

Juan KoolDude wrote:

New ticket prices $72 on holidays, nuff said.

Isn't that Stratton's regular weekend price?

I wouldn't boycott Killington because of its ticket price, I'd boycott
it because it SUCKS!

Dave
Old December 18th 03, 03:01 PM
AstroPax

On Thu, 18 Dec 2003 07:31:05 -0500, Juan KoolDude
wrote:

New ticket prices $72 on holidays, nuff said.

O.K., I won't ski there at all.

People actually pay *that* much to ski on ice?

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---

Old December 18th 03, 10:43 PM
Juan KoolDude

Yeah, that's why I never bothered with Stratton.

Old December 20th 03, 10:17 AM
John

wrote:

New ticket prices $72 on holidays, nuff said.

O.K., I won't ski there at all.

People actually pay *that* much to ski on ice?

-Astro

---
maximum exposure f/2.8
http://www.xmission.com/~hound/astro/03-04/index.htm
---

Honestly, though you could ski at killington for about 42 dollars a
day (ME ticket) if you had thought ahead so I wouldn't go too crazy.
Old December 22nd 03, 11:40 AM
Joshua L. Segal

Yeah, right. Nobody skis there because it's too crowded :-)

Skifully, Joshua Segal
---

Old December 23rd 03, 01:22 AM
Mary Malmros

Dave Stallard writes:

Juan KoolDude wrote:

New ticket prices $72 on holidays, nuff said.

Isn't that Stratton's regular weekend price?

I wouldn't boycott Killington because of its ticket price, I'd boycott
it because it SUCKS!

A boycott is an organized effort to refuse to do business with an
organization. Making a personal decision to not patronize a
business is not a boycott; it's simply staying away. It does your
wallet and your soul good, but a boycott it ain't ;-)

I find Killington tough to take, in a way. Maybe it's the access
road. It reminds me of Lake George Village (anyone know that
one?). I will always be a sucker for a ski town that has an element
of quiet ass-end-of-nowhere-ness to it. Stowe manages to still have
some of this, which is why I love the place. Killington (and
Stratton too, for that matter) almost seems to be fighting to avoid
it. Anyone else get this feeling?

--
:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::: ::::::::::::::::::::::::
Mary Malmros
Old December 23rd 03, 02:03 AM
AstroPax

On 22 Dec 2003 21:22:21 -0500, Mary Malmros wrote:

A boycott is an organized effort to refuse to do business with an
organization. Making a personal decision to not patronize a
business is not a boycott; it's simply staying away. It does your
wallet and your soul good, but a boycott it ain't ;-)

That's nonsense.

It doesn't have to be an "Organized" effort of refusal to purchase a
goods or service to be classified as a boycott.

Sure, maybe "Personal Boycott", or "Quasi-Boycott" is a more
appropriate term, regardless, if I want to "Boycott" a particular good
or service, I can do it...all on my own.

-Astro

Old December 23rd 03, 07:49 AM
bostonskier

Juan KoolDude wrote in message . ..
New ticket prices $72 on holidays, nuff said.

I agree-- Ski Magic Mountain, adult one day ticket $46 weekend/$36
mid-week. Some of the best skiing in Southern VT to boot...
Independently owned, too, not some big corporation.. Support a real
VT business, and have fun doing it!!