Boot dryers

Old April 22nd 13, 09:50 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

Default Boot dryers

On Monday, December 28, 1998 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Matt Pittelkow wrote:
Does anyone have recomendations on boot dryers? I'm looking
for something small and affordable that can dry two pair of boots at
once.

Thanks, Matt

Williams Direct Dryers has a 4 pair wall mount dryer. It doesn't take up a lot of room and has industrial strength! www.bootdryer.com.
Old April 22nd 13, 11:02 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 4/22/13 2:50 PM, wrote:
On Monday, December 28, 1998 1:00:00 AM UTC-7, Matt Pittelkow wrote:
Does anyone have recomendations on boot dryers? I'm looking
for something small and affordable that can dry two pair of boots at
once.

Thanks, Matt

Williams Direct Dryers has a 4 pair wall mount dryer. It doesn't take up a lot of room and has industrial strength!
www.bootdryer.com.

Feeling you have to throw money at it is a sad state of affairs.

Get an old hair dryer from a garage sale, go to the hardware store for
some 2" PVC elbows, pipe, and select whats needed to mate the dryer, and
you're set to go.
Hints: Get a couple of caps so you can dry only one pair when needed.
Also you don't have to glue the parts; friction is generally enough to
hold it together. Then you can pull it all apart, put in an old pillow
case, and toss it under the house till the snows return.

Now you can feel part of the brotherhood of authenticity.

Mine still works fine; built 30 years ago when the kids were small.
Old April 22nd 13, 11:42 PM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 4/22/2013 7:02 PM, lal_truckee wrote:
On 4/22/13 2:50 PM, wrote:
[...]

Well, yeahbut, hair dryers made 30 years ago were actually durable. I
paid money for a "boot dryer" at the beginning of 2011-2012 season.
Didn't last more than 3 weeks. The non-heating type that places like
Cabella's sells seem to work best and last, but need longer to work
because of circulating only ambient air.

My solution is to take the boots apart when wet and lay the parts out
around the wood stove. Generally overnight is enough.

HOWEVER, I have just one complaint about my wonderful new APEX ski
boots: They are not waterproof by any means and when they are wet they
smell like cat ****. Otherwise they dry out overnight by the wood stove.

RW (a legend in my own mind)
Old April 23rd 13, 12:09 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine

On Mon, 22 Apr 2013 19:42:31 -0400, VtSkier
wrote this crap:

HOWEVER, I have just one complaint about my wonderful new APEX ski
boots: They are not waterproof by any means and when they are wet they
smell like cat ****. Otherwise they dry out overnight by the wood stove.

That's probably caused by the bacteria on your feet. The way to fix
it is to wait until they are dry, then pour some alcohol inside the
boots, just enough to get them wet. then when they dry the problem
will be gone. Put a little alcohol on your feet before skiing and you
won't have the problem.

Another problem solved with alcohol.

There's no need to fear if Trunky is near.
Old April 23rd 13, 12:39 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
Bob F

On 4/22/13 2:50 PM, wrote:
[...]

I just lay the boots in front of an old fan so that half the opening receives
air and half is free to let it out. Prop the gloves up similarly, and the fan
poins towards a wood chair with my jacket and pants. By morning, everything is
dry.

Old April 23rd 13, 12:44 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
VtSkier[_3_]

On 4/22/13 2:50 PM, wrote:
[...]

Sure, but the wood stove just makes everything dry better.
Old April 23rd 13, 02:03 AM posted to rec.skiing.alpine
lal_truckee

On 4/22/13 6:36 PM, Walt wrote:
If the boots are cold, there is no way I can get them on.

Those day I travel I put my boots in a softside ice "chest" in the
morning, microwave a couple of "blue ice" bags and drop them in, and
voila: toasty warm boots in the parking lot.

Boot fit JQ Alpine Skiing 6 November 25th 06 12:08 PM
FS Boot Heaters and Dryers [email protected] Marketplace 0 March 23rd 05 03:09 PM
AT Boot fit Ryan Pfleger Backcountry Skiing 1 December 27th 03 07:39 PM