La Forêt Blanche

Old December 2nd 09, 11:52 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
David[_4_]

Default La Forêt Blanche

Hello,

A group of us will be going to La Forêt Blanche in a couple of weeks,
staying at Vars. We chose this resort as we are a mixed ability group and
the price was very good (£210 flights/transfers and ½ board).

Has anybody been here in the past that could recommend runs for the more
advanced of us? I've not been able to find that much on the internet for
this resort but what I have found seems to say that the off piste is quite
easy to get to and that there are quite a lot of lanes to try.
As we have our children with us we are only looking for a couple of half day
excursions so not too much hiking uphill and as we are boarding, and ideally
not too many flats.

Thank you for your help.

David

Old December 2nd 09, 04:49 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_4_]

"David" wrote in message
Hello,

A group of us will be going to La Forêt Blanche in a couple of weeks,
staying at Vars. We chose this resort as we are a mixed ability group and
the price was very good (£210 flights/transfers and ½ board).

Has anybody been here in the past that could recommend runs for the more
advanced of us? I've not been able to find that much on the internet for
this resort but what I have found seems to say that the off piste is quite
easy to get to and that there are quite a lot of lanes to try.
As we have our children with us we are only looking for a couple of half
day excursions so not too much hiking uphill and as we are boarding, and
ideally not too many flats.

Thank you for your help.

David

I'd say you've made a sound choice - we revisited Vars last season, and have
put our experiences on this much-underrated area he
http://www.mountainpassions.com/wint...s/ski_vars.htm - which
should give you plenty of food for thought.

Although not, IMHO, in the same league, it's worth a trip over to Risoul
1850 to take a couple of runs down the outermost piste on your left as you
descend to the village - it's effectively a long, snaking half-pipe, akin to
a boarder-cross run on steroids.

Enjoy it for me...

Roger
www.mountainpassions.com - an Online Magazine with Altitude

Old December 3rd 09, 10:29 AM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
David[_4_]

"Roger Moss" wrote in message

I'd say you've made a sound choice - we revisited Vars last season, and
have put our experiences on this much-underrated area he
http://www.mountainpassions.com/wint...s/ski_vars.htm -
which should give you plenty of food for thought.

Although not, IMHO, in the same league, it's worth a trip over to Risoul
1850 to take a couple of runs down the outermost piste on your left as you
descend to the village - it's effectively a long, snaking half-pipe, akin
to a boarder-cross run on steroids.

Thank you Roger, I had read your write up but had lost it again. Thanks for
the link, I will make sure I cover all the routes you mention.

Regards

David

Old December 3rd 09, 06:27 PM posted to rec.skiing.resorts.europe
Roger Moss[_4_]

"David" wrote in message
"Roger Moss" wrote in message

I'd say you've made a sound choice - we revisited Vars last season, and
have put our experiences on this much-underrated area he
http://www.mountainpassions.com/wint...s/ski_vars.htm -
which should give you plenty of food for thought.

Although not, IMHO, in the same league, it's worth a trip over to Risoul
1850 to take a couple of runs down the outermost piste on your left as
you descend to the village - it's effectively a long, snaking half-pipe,
akin to a boarder-cross run on steroids.

Thank you Roger, I had read your write up but had lost it again. Thanks
for the link, I will make sure I cover all the routes you mention.

Regards

David

I hope you have similar powder conditions to those with which we were
blessed - but after the white-out stage...