Courchevel airport (CVF)

Old December 23rd 04, 03:43 PM
VisionSet

"Steve Haigh" wrote in message
VisionSet wrote:

"Steve Haigh" wrote in message

I have yet to find decent flights to Chambery though - do any of the
main carriers fly there direct from the UK?

Yes but you have to fly from Southampton

Couldn't find any on Expedia, do you know who flies from there?

possibly http://www.baa.com/main/airports/southampton/

Chambery Flybe BE 0871 700 0123

--
Mike W

Old December 23rd 04, 07:53 PM
Sue

In message , Roger Moss
writes

Would you want to fly with any pilot who does so 'against his better
judgement'...?

You're right. For marginal conditions you should choose an "extreme"
pilot who thinks 'safe' = 'boring'.

It'll still be dangerous but you'll enjoy it more.

--
Sue ];(
Old January 13th 05, 06:22 PM
funkraum

"David Mahon" wrote:
Champ wrote:

S'what I was thinking. Personally, when I shell out for a heli in the
mountains, it's to take me to the top of the mountain.

It's not too much different to the kind of money I'd pay for a seaplane
transfer when diving in summer (Maldives) - and I'd expect it to be more
expensive in Europe than in the Indian Ocean.

Maldives: I had a friend who ran his own bum-boat service there until
the current regime took over and kicked all the foreigners out in
1978.

It's all relative. I generally try and pay no more than 100 quid for
a flight to the alps (e.g. Easyjet to Geneva). Paying 200 quid for
the transfer doesn't make any sense to me, but if it does for you then
fine.

As there will probably only be two of us at the moment, I probably won't
bother - and might just go somewhere else anyway. But I won't be flying Easyjet
either (BA or Swiss are not much more expensive, sometimes cheaper, and so
much more organised - and you don't have to trek to Stanstead/Luton).

It would have been nice to be book a seat on a 12 seat twin prop from Paris
direct to the slope though - really could have gone for the weekend (leave
Sat am return Sun pm) then. I'd definitely have paid 200 quid for that.

I think this option would take the most irritation out of the journey.
Especially if I had entourage in tow.

With air travel, I calculate by the number of changes of
transportation while personally hauling luggage = 'length of journey'.
Thus , Zermatt is one of the longest journeys, wherever you start
from.

The best journey would be the one where I did not have to haul gear at
all, especially while dressed: After departure I do not see my kit
until I am in my hotel room.

Frankly the danger of light aircraft in the mountains + winter weather
is something of a discouragement for me although I have dared to set
foot in light aircraft under these conditions on occasion.

With road journeys, distance = amount of sleep deficit for that week
plus number of meal-times missed in the few days before-hand. Actual
number of kilometers never seems to be a factor, nor speed.

Working the two equations together, I will drive rather than fly up to
about 12, 16, 18, 24 hours. After that, I will consider air travel -
but only consider it.