Please help me pick a ski (sales on the 2003 stuff)

Old September 2nd 03, 10:09 PM
Richard Henry

Default Anthea Kerrison, Skiing Psychopath

"Two Buddha" wrote in message
om...

Warning to readers:

Before responding to this message, check this out:

http://tinyurl.com/k4gw

Curtislemay recently wrote in RSA:

The recent outrage is the final straw. This goon is not worth the
lowly entertainment value he provides. I will be the first to start
ignoring everything he says. The only problem is that EVERYBODY
has to do it. Since Mike wanted to make this a more civil place, I
propose that in his memory, we do just that and leave bob to his
own company. What does everyone else say?

Old September 2nd 03, 10:36 PM
Sam Seiber

Default Attn: A-Basin season pass holders

Richard Henry wrote:
What does everyone else say?

Ahh Yep. I am on board.

ObSki: 43 days to the opening of Loveland (if they make their
October 16 date).

Also ObSki: the A-Basin bonus 5 season pass:
I called A-Basin today to get the details of getting
my +5 part of their season pass, as I renewed at the end of
last season. After October 1, take your season pass for the
03/04 season to the season ticket office. They need to print
you a new one. Seems that they want the bar code on their pass
to work at A-Basin as well as Breck/Key/Vail/Beaver.
I heard that many people were loosing their paper lift ticket
that is needed at the other areas, so the fix was to get
the A-Basin season pass to work at Breck/Key/Vail/Beaver.

Sam "I ski Loveland" Seiber
Old September 3rd 03, 02:35 AM
ant

Default seasons change

"pigo" wrote in message ...
"lal_truckee" wrote in message
"ant" wrote in message

Maverick wrote:

So Ant, while we get ripped in 100+ heat, what's dah snow like in

Oz?

damn fine. We have been dumped upon regularly for the past few

weeks. More
came wiht gales this weekend, and more is set to come. Another late

season
though, starting to look like a common pattern.

..
Excellent - makes me feel a chill in the air ...
Won't be long now - paid for my pass already.

It's that perfect time of year. A few hours south to Lake Powell, still
hot, good fishing. Home now. Cool nights and not as hot days. The last
couple of months with the full body tan before the neck up-wrists down
tan.

It's funny, I read about how it goes from summer to autumn in north
america, but I never see that. I get 2 winters, 2 springs and the very
end of our autumn each year, but never a proper autumn. For us, the
end of august is the "official" end of winter, although snowfall-wise
we're right in the middle of it. There's daffodils in my garden,
blossom on the trees and the irises are sprouting.
Are there any signs of autumn over there yet or is it still very much
summer?

ant
Old September 3rd 03, 03:24 AM
pigo

"ant" wrote in message
om...

It's funny, I read about how it goes from summer to autumn in north
america, but I never see that. I get 2 winters, 2 springs and the very
end of our autumn each year, but never a proper autumn. For us, the
end of august is the "official" end of winter, although snowfall-wise
we're right in the middle of it. There's daffodils in my garden,
blossom on the trees and the irises are sprouting.
Are there any signs of autumn over there yet or is it still very much
summer?

The first aspens have started to go yellow waaaaaay up high. There's
just a bit of a nip some mornings here in Salt Lake. More up at
elevation I'm sure.

It's still very much summer during the day. That can go back and forth
from day to day, hot to cold, for a couple of more month down here
though.

Old September 3rd 03, 06:58 AM
BrritSki

ant wrote:

Are there any signs of autumn over there yet or is it still very much
summer?

Definitely cooler in the mornings and some places in the UK have had
frost I believe. It was a beautiful morning on Sunday at my brother's in
Cornwall with mist in the valleys below.

Waife has been in Italy and has had some pleasant days on the beach and
sea-swimming, but the evenings are colder there too. Haven't seen her
yet, but I'll ask if she could see snow on the Alps.

Old September 3rd 03, 01:41 PM
Richard Henry

"ant" wrote in message
om...

Are there any signs of autumn over there yet or is it still very much
summer?

We had our first rain (actually a thuderstorm with very threatening cloud
formations (reminded me of the tornado stories on the Weather Channel)).
Good thing too, because the associated power outage knocked out the memory
on the sprinkler timer.

Old September 3rd 03, 09:25 PM
Two Buddha

"Richard Henry" wrote in message news:hy85b.11111$QT5.9651@fed1read02...
"Two Buddha" wrote in message
om...

Warning to readers:

Before responding to this message, check this out:

http://tinyurl.com/k4gw

Curtislemay recently wrote in RSA:

The recent outrage is the final straw. This goon is not worth the
lowly entertainment value he provides. I will be the first to start
ignoring everything he says. The only problem is that EVERYBODY
has to do it. Since Mike wanted to make this a more civil place, I
propose that in his memory, we do just that and leave bob to his
own company. What does everyone else say?

Warning to readers: check out Curtis Lemay's style of posting. He
specializes in filth. One psychopath quoting another psychopath
defending two other psychopaths.
Because that's all that is left on rsa anymo pathological liars,
criminals, internet stalkers, real life assholes.

Old September 4th 03, 02:49 AM
ant

I do miss those early autumn things...you tend to forget about them.
It's funny to hear of it in Britain, didn't you have a horrific
heatwave a few weeks back?
Seeing the leaves start to turn is the best! I'd love to see new
england in the autumn, one of the official wonders of the natural
world, isn't it? Canberra is a minature version as we have massive
plantings of exotic trees. People come here specially to see it. And
in a few weeks Floriade should start, which is a big display of spring
bulbs planted in massed formations.

I hope they get the power issues sorted before winter starts up in the
US. That could be really nasty, people with no heating.

the snow systems are still rolling in here, but down where I am it's a
lovely late winter/early spring day.

ant
Old September 4th 03, 04:37 AM
pigo

"ant" wrote in message
m...
I do miss those early autumn things...you tend to forget about them.
It's funny to hear of it in Britain, didn't you have a horrific
heatwave a few weeks back?
Seeing the leaves start to turn is the best! I'd love to see new
england in the autumn, one of the official wonders of the natural
world, isn't it? Canberra is a minature version as we have massive
plantings of exotic trees. People come here specially to see it. And
in a few weeks Floriade should start, which is a big display of spring
bulbs planted in massed formations.

Does Floriade come once every ten years? I went to it in Holland last
year. It's a once a decade event there. It was huge! We got off the
plane and went there to kill the day so we could go to bed in the
evening and get our body clocks sinc'd.

I hope they get the power issues sorted before winter starts up in the
US. That could be really nasty, people with no heating.

I don't see it as that kind of thing. Besides, I think a lot of the
heating in the area affected by the blackout use oil systems.

Are you going to work at the same place? No power problems there anyway.