Looking for K2 t:nine Spire

Old January 30th 04, 11:47 PM
KentB

Default Looking for K2 t:nine Spire

I'm looking for a new pair of 2004 K2 t:nine spires in a 160cm length for my
wife. We have this problem everytime we try to buy her skis. She demo's
until we find what she wants - then nobdy has them in stock. Can anyone
point me to some shop that still has a pair?

Old January 31st 04, 02:52 AM

In article ,
"KentB" writes:
I'm looking for a new pair of 2004 K2 t:nine spires in a 160cm length for my
wife.

There are a bunch of them on ebay. Just enter "k2 t:nine" as the search
criteria.

I've bought my last 2 pairs of skis on ebay and had good experiences.
In both cases the skis were new, still in the wrapper.

One pair in particular was a 2004 model from a fellow who goes by the
handle of sportsliquidator. He has an ebay store at
http://www.stores.ebay.com/id=46224319
As of today he has 1584 feedbacks, none of them negative.

As always with ebay, check the feedbacks before bidding.

bruno.
Old January 31st 04, 08:05 AM
KentB

Bruno,
Thanks for the feedback. I have been watching sportsliquidator and
wondering if he was reliable.

I did a search on eBay for 'k2 t:nine' and got 20 hits. When I searched for
'k2 t:nine spire' I only got one hit. That was the 174 length. I will keep
trying, eBay but I'm starting to try any and all other sources. Such as the
NG.

Old January 31st 04, 08:55 AM
KentB

OK, I admit I didn't complete my homework before posting. I googled k2
t:nine spire and got pages of hits. When I searched though them I found
many that said they had the t:nine spire in the 160cm length. Most 'clicked
through' to BackCountryStore.com or USoutdoor.com. I found a few comments
that BackCountryStore.com was reliable and trustworthy. Does anyone have
poor experience with them they would share?

. com...

Old January 31st 04, 03:39 PM

In article ,
"KentB" writes:
I found a few comments that BackCountryStore.com was reliable
and trustworthy. Does anyone have poor experience with them
they would share?

I bought a backpack from them last year. A couple of weeks later they
had a special where the same backpack (DaKine Shute) came with the
hydration system. I asked if they would retroactively give me
the promo and they said yes if I paid shipping (which I did).

I would buy from them again. Not necessarily the best price on skis but
a trustworthy shop in my book.

bruno.

Old January 31st 04, 06:58 PM
KentB

That's good enough recommendation for me. I ordered the skis over the phone
because the web site said they were down to one pair. Last night the web
site said they had three pair. I'll post results when I receive the skis.
Thanks for the advice/help.

Old January 31st 04, 08:49 PM
SkiFastBadly

KentB wrote:
That's good enough recommendation for me. I ordered the skis over the phone
because the web site said they were down to one pair. Last night the web
site said they had three pair. I'll post results when I receive the skis.
Thanks for the advice/help.

wrote in message

In article ,
"KentB" writes:

I found a few comments that BackCountryStore.com was reliable
and trustworthy. Does anyone have poor experience with them
they would share?

I bought a backpack from them last year. A couple of weeks later they
had a special where the same backpack (DaKine Shute) came with the
hydration system. I asked if they would retroactively give me
the promo and they said yes if I paid shipping (which I did).

I would buy from them again. Not necessarily the best price on skis but
a trustworthy shop in my book.

bruno.

This entire thread consists of polite questions, helpful answers, and a
happy ending. This newsgroup is going down the drain.